Hi from Texas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueheron

New Friend
Neighbor
Hello, all, I'm here because of my cousin. I'm a retired graphic designer and tech writer. Married, step-daughter and 2 grandkids. You could probably call me an urban homesteader for the past 8 years now, urban prepper, trying to figure out how I would survive urban civil unrest. (In the Texas desert, where you can't get anything to grow!) ... Before this, I spent 22 years living in rural Tennessee traipsing through the woods learning about wild medicinals and edibles; studying ancient healing methods; studying primitive survival skills. I'm not an expert at any of that; but I know a little about a lot of things. Just enough to be dangerous. o_O I'm here to learn some more. Thanks for having me. (The blue heron is my guardian animal.)

Hello, all, I'm here because of my cousin. I'm a retired graphic designer and tech writer. Married, step-daughter and 2 grandkids. You could probably call me an urban homesteader for the past 8 years now, urban prepper, trying to figure out how I would survive urban civil unrest. (In the Texas desert, where you can't get anything to grow!) ... Before this, I spent 22 years living in rural Tennessee traipsing through the woods learning about wild medicinals and edibles; studying ancient healing methods; studying primitive survival skills. I'm not an expert at any of that; but I know a little about a lot of things. Just enough to be dangerous. o_O I'm here to learn some more. Thanks for having me. (The blue heron is my guardian animal.)
Hello from upstate NY... I'm new here also brought here by a very special friend and enjoying this forum ,,,,, guess Ill keep coming back

Welcome blueheron! Happy to have you here! I too, am now an urban prepper and have been trying to figure out those same things you mentioned. I know I can figure it out, just haven't the time yet, since my move here in May. Maybe we can figure out on this forum how to survive in the cities in case of TEOTWAWKI.

howdy from a east Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic

Welcome from Missouri. I'm like you, an old Survivalist who knows a little about a lot. Did you ask your Guardian if it was okay to reveal his/her Identity, some times they don't like it.
Thanks for your note. My mom's from Missouri, a great place where lots of interesting things grow. ... I never knew that about animal guardians. Maybe I should know more. ... I do have a large guardian angel, whom others have seen from time to time, but not me.

Welcome to the forum from North (Roll Tide) Alabama. This is a great place to hang!

Welcome from S.W.Oregon, you'd probably like it around here due to all the
Blue Heron that we see and hear along the creek.

Latest posts

Back