Hi - I am Hardcalibres

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardcalibres

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hi.

My name is Hardcalibres.
I am glad to be a new member here and am looking forward to many interesting discussions.

I have a homestead of a little under 400 acres in a hilly temperate region that gets about 40 inches of rain per year - mostly in winter. We don't get snow, but we do get the odd frost. I have been farming for about 25 years although even now that is not my day job.
We farm beef cattle and currently run about 40 breeders - although we are currently rehabilitating about 200 acres that had until recently been run as plantation forest. We hope to expand our cattle numbers over the next few years.
Our cattle are pure bred Simmental.

About 20 years ago, we planted some forage food trees such as Oaks, Chestnuts, Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, Macadamias, Oranges and a Mango and Persimmon.
There were Olives, Peaches, Apricots, Blackberries and Mandarins that were planted long before we bought the land.

My hobbies (apart from homesteading) are shooting, hunting, survivalism, camping, 1960s to 1970s muscle cars and military vehicles. As much as possible, I like to combine my hobbies and my work.

Last edited:
Welcome! lots of topics to discuss in old threads if you of a mind to read a little or start some new ones. We have a little in common, cattle for one. We ran Charolais here for many years. The younger generation runs the operation now. Poorly I might add but that might be a result of age, mine or theirs, not sure which.

I post a little about medicinal plants, my hobby these days. You'll find them under natural remedies... Anyway, pull up a chair an set a spell.

Hello and welcome, seems like a lot of new people added here lately, the more the merrier, this is a great site with tons of great info that could help almost anyone figure out what to do for homesteading. Above all is the good people that are here.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. With your background I can see you have much to contribute. I look forward to learning from your posts. Good to have you with us.

Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome to our little corner of the internet, HC. I have learned much from you in the Other Place, and I am looking forward to your posts here, too!

My hobbies (apart from homesteading) are shooting, hunting, survivalism, camping, 1960s to 1970s muscle cars and military vehicles. As much as possible, I like to combine my hobbies and my work.
Did you say military vehicles?!?!?!? Here is my M38A1.....

Front cover.jpg

Latest posts

Back