High calorie, high protein, salads! Yes, salads!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Don't let the word "salad" throw you off! How does 600 calories and 28 grams of protein sound? Awesome!

https://hurrythefoodup.com/vegetarian-vegan-high-protein-salads/

Nutrition Facts
18 Veggie Protein Salad Bombs to Grow Your Biceps Instantly

Amount Per Serving (368 g)
Calories 658Calories from Fat 360

% Daily Value*
Fat 40g62%
Saturated Fat 11g69%
Cholesterol 23mg8%
Sodium 507mg22%
Potassium 737mg21%
Carbohydrates 52g17%
Fiber 9.7g40%
Sugar 15.2g17%
Protein 23g46%

Vitamin A 5200IU104%
Vitamin C 30.5mg37%
Calcium 230mg23%
Iron 5mg28%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Example:
Greek Salad with Seitan Gyros Strips

Check out the recipe here

Ready in: 15 minutes
Recipe by: Vegan in Melbourne
35.9g protein per serving (600 calories)
5.3g protein per 100g

I eat salads all the time and would take a hard pass on those bland looking veggie bowls, especially with that nasty soy in it. Blech. I will also add that 28 grams of protein is not enough for anyone to 'grow' biceps with, especially low quality protein. That's barely a protein snack for an adult male who needs approx. 1 gram of protein per day per lean pound of body mass if they want to grow and develop muscle mass.

Ironically I am making a chef salad tonight for dinner. It will have butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, raw spinach, red onion, tomato, cucumber, smoked turkey, smoked ham, thick cut bacon, hard boiled eggs, and a couple kinds of cheese. Plus an olive oil based dressing. According to my food calculator my salad will come in at well over 75 grams of protein. Which means I will either need to eat extra meat & cheese or drink a protein shake for an evening snack.

Chef-Salad-Recipe.jpg

There are some good looking salads in the mix, but some with soy as the protein which should be avoided, imho.

Soy is very good for us, [ Japanese longest living people on earth eat lots of soy aka tofu ] but only if organic and not GMO.And that can be hard to find anywhere now.But they also eat plenty of greens and some fish.

Don't let the word "salad" throw you off! How does 600 calories and 28 grams of protein sound? Awesome!

https://hurrythefoodup.com/vegetarian-vegan-high-protein-salads/

Nutrition Facts
18 Veggie Protein Salad Bombs to Grow Your Biceps Instantly

Amount Per Serving (368 g)
Calories 658Calories from Fat 360

% Daily Value*
Fat 40g62%
Saturated Fat 11g69%
Cholesterol 23mg8%
Sodium 507mg22%
Potassium 737mg21%
Carbohydrates 52g17%
Fiber 9.7g40%
Sugar 15.2g17%
Protein 23g46%

Vitamin A 5200IU104%
Vitamin C 30.5mg37%
Calcium 230mg23%
Iron 5mg28%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Example:
Greek Salad with Seitan Gyros Strips

Check out the recipe here

Ready in: 15 minutes
Recipe by: Vegan in Melbourne
35.9g protein per serving (600 calories)
5.3g protein per 100g

Have you heard of thos woman? Her diet consist of lots of eggs, she drinks and eats them every morning to be oldest competing female body builder in the world. Forgot what else she eats, it was the drinking the eggs that I can't do. Me granddaddy use to crack them in a glass drink them.I'd just watch then run in case he got ideas for me to do the same.

Soy is very good for us, [ Japanese longest living people on earth eat lots of soy aka tofu ] but only if organic and not GMO.And that can be hard to find anywhere now.But they also eat plenty of greens and some fish.

Japanese people live longer because they eat predominantly vegetables & clean proteins, they cook their food in healthier ways, they eat mostly fresh non-processed foods, they eat far less than most other nations, they are better at managing stress, they spend more time outside, they live at a slower pace and have less stress, and they walk & exercise more than the rest of the world does. Soy has absolutely nothing to do with their lifespan. My brother in law is a pilot for AirJapan and lives there 3-6 months out of the year.

Japanese people live longer because they eat predominantly vegetables & clean proteins, they cook their food in healthier ways, they eat mostly fresh non-processed foods, they eat far less than most other nations, they are better at managing stress, they spend more time outside, they live at a slower pace and have less stress, and they walk & exercise more than the rest of the world does. Soy has absolutely nothing to do with their lifespan. My brother in law is a pilot for AirJapan and lives there 3-6 months out of the year.

Maybe.:dunno: could be. But they do eat a lot of soy or use to so it hasn't hurt them either. But I did mention it is not GMO and they do ea greens aka veggies. But you are 100& correct on the stress,exercise and lifestyle although that is slowly changes due to cultural loss so many seniors are feeling the pain o abandonment by their children. And the young are eating at McDonalds chem food:eyeballs: and " like us" will not live as long as their parents for first time in their history. :huh:

Pretty sure soy is very bad for someone with a low thyroid.

Maybe.:dunno: could be. But they do eat a lot of soy or use to so it hasn't hurt them either. But I did mention it is not GMO and they do ea greens aka veggies. But you are 100& correct on the stress,exercise and lifestyle although that is slowly changes due to cultural loss so many seniors are feeling the pain o abandonment by their children. And the young are eating at McDonalds chem food:eyeballs: and " like us" will not live as long as their parents for first time in their history. :huh:

Meer the Japanese mostly Eat Soy that has been Fermented, which changes its Chemical Makeup and removes the Estrogen Compounds. The Soy that Americans Happily Consume has not been Chemically changed, and therefore still contains it's Estrogen Compounds, which is especially bad for Men.

Meer the Japanese mostly Eat Soy that has been Fermented, which changes its Chemical Makeup and removes the Estrogen Compounds. The Soy that Americans Happily Consume has not been Chemically changed, and therefore still contains it's Estrogen Compounds, which is especially bad for Men.

Camo this is true.I told my daughter to take her son off that soy filled baby formular,she did soon as I told her why. Not good for females eithe of course
After breast feeding we went to can Carnation Milk, Karo Syrup,water till about 9mon.s then sippy cups. Babies were never sick .

I eat salads all the time and would take a hard pass on those bland looking veggie bowls, especially with that nasty soy in it. Blech. I will also add that 28 grams of protein is not enough for anyone to 'grow' biceps with, especially low quality protein. That's barely a protein snack for an adult male who needs approx. 1 gram of protein per day per lean pound of body mass if they want to grow and develop muscle mass.

Ironically I am making a chef salad tonight for dinner. It will have butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, raw spinach, red onion, tomato, cucumber, smoked turkey, smoked ham, thick cut bacon, hard boiled eggs, and a couple kinds of cheese. Plus an olive oil based dressing. According to my food calculator my salad will come in at well over 75 grams of protein. Which means I will either need to eat extra meat & cheese or drink a protein shake for an evening snack.

View attachment 31351
I'll have one of those please and thank you.

I make chef salads a lot. Both my wife and I love them. Two kinds of lettuce, celery sliced, onion slivered, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses stringed, 4 hard boiled eggs halved, two tomatoes quartered, a half pound of each turkey, ham and roast beef (or venison). I use lemon juice for dressing and my wife uses ranch or raspberry vinaigrette. It is a good meal and tastes wonderful too.

I make chef salads a lot. Both my wife and I love them. Two kinds of lettuce, celery sliced, onion slivered, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses stringed, 4 hard boiled eggs halved, two tomatoes quartered, a half pound of each turkey, ham and roast beef (or venison). I use lemon juice for dressing and my wife uses ranch or raspberry vinaigrette. It is a good meal and tastes wonderful too.

Yep, Chef's Salads pretty much have everything covered! Calories, protein, fat, fiber, vitamins/minerals....got it all

I'll have one of those too.
Please and thank you.
You're making my mouth water.

None for me, thanks. Salad is not on my menu. I take a few greens cooked into various dishes, here and there, and I do like a little raw spinach. But making a salad taste good requires copious quantities of unhealthy foods to be put in it. Therefore I just skip the salad and eat the unhealthy food...

Spike my best friend has never used salad dressings on her salads ,she uses seasonening salts like DASH or something I forgot but its all herbs, no oils including olive or vinagar. .

Back