Himalayan Salt Mine?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Internet Constable
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So, a new business opened up near us, and is boasting about their ability to cure many breathing problems, skin conditions, and your general well being. Our friends went there a few days ago, and you sit on a "zero gravity chair", inside this 3' thick Himalayan salt cave, including salt on the floor. There is much emphasis on taking away all your electronics (IMHO this is part of everyone's issue to begin with) since they clain the negative ions disrupt the healing quality of the location. My friends will be visiting there every other day for a month, and I think we will try this today. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Yes, I am skeptical. It equates to about $45 for 2 people for 40 minutes, as an introductory offer. Our friend, who has asthma, swears by it. The owners say after 2-3 visits, it will start to break down the mucus crud in your lungs, so mucus coughing afterwards is normal (?) because it is ridding your lungs from years of pollutants and abuse.

I don't trust anything I read, and only half of what I see, so I'm a bit leery of this stuff. I'm just hoping someone hear can provide any personal experience they have had.

Well, I have returned from my salt cave experience. While sitting and waiting for our turn inside, a lady came in saying she goes daily into the salt cave, and her asthma has gone away completely. She no longer needs her pills or nebulizer and swears by this place. Hmmm...
They gave us a mandatory tour, showed us their salt rooms with vibrating/massage chairs, and with pure oxygen placed in your face. The next room was a salt room with a massage table, where they provide personal massages. They also have a room where they put bags on your arms, legs and stomach, then inflate with air, which works as a body compression, like compression socks many wear. This is to improve circulation. Ok, I can buy this theory. We were asked to place our electronic devices in a locker, which reduces stress in itself.
Our time began for a 50 minute session.we were invited to take our shoes and socks off before entering the cave, which I did.
The room is very dark and quiet, with very relaxing with tranquil, zen type of music playing softly. The floors were heated, with 4" of rock salt you're stepping on. It felt like being barefoot walking in sand. The air was thick with scented smell, like sage, and high humidity.
To me, it was extremely relaxing. You have a choice to sit in a zero-gravity chair, or they provide blankets so you can lay right on the warm salt.
My lungs wanted to force me to cough, but instead I used some deep breathing exercises, just to clear my lungs a bit better. They claim the thickness in the air allows your body to remove the toxins from your body, but this seems like snake oil to me. I will guarantee all that once I left, my blood pressure was much lower than when I entered.
After the treatment, they start pushing packages on you, such as unlimited cave room visits, for $139 a month, with a year contract. Or, the special, 2 oxyroom visits, one massage and unlimited cave visits for $179 a month. All this talk just Increased my blood pressure!
So, this one visit with a senior discount was $34. Being a new customer, they provide 5 visits into the salt cave for $99, which equates to 4 additional salt room visits for $64, which I chose just because of the relaxation I experienced. Also, not being newbies, we won't have the high pressure salesman afterwards increasing my blood pressure! Here are some pics of the facility.

Attachments

• 16780641865345079446210225879139.jpg
    16780641865345079446210225879139.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 16780642388192675893134568657287.jpg
    16780642388192675893134568657287.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 16780643200365497357704332096102.jpg
    16780643200365497357704332096102.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
@havasu did you try to make an area in your house be a salt room? Just a little bit? Sorry about your blood pressure! Funny how on packages of this kind of salt they have an expiration date when it has been sitting in the earth for hundreds of years.
@txcatlady what do you do with your salt lamps?
@Supervisor42 have you ever tried anything medicinal/health wise with this pink salt like havasu did?
It just sounds like these salt clowns found a way to make money off of salt and it makes it look like snake oil, even if it might be good for you.

@havasu did you try to make an area in your house be a salt room? Just a little bit? Sorry about your blood pressure! Funny how on packages of this kind of salt they have an expiration date when it has been sitting in the earth for hundreds of years.
@Supervisor42 have you ever tried anything medicinal/health wise with this pink salt like havasu did?
It just sounds like these salt clowns found a way to make money off of salt and it makes it look like snake oil, even if it might be good for you.
I bought one for work and one for home. Don’t use much. Work one needs a bulb. Before I retired, I had bigger one at school and used daily. Very calming affect

I am a former HBP felon, so salt is a rare treat for me... because I don't want to go back to med-prison. :(
And I don't have any breathing problems.

Latest posts

Back