Historical Events In America

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot I'll always do a little study on History. Always some good stuff to learn. I've got the Nimrod video pulled up to watch shortly. Looks like it'll be interesting.

Shoot I'll always do a little study on History. Always some good stuff to learn. I've got the Nimrod video pulled up to watch shortly. Looks like it'll be interesting.

Ok :cool: I'll put something up later on.

Want to study the Persian Empire and its people? First a map of what we'er working with,

persian_empire.jpg

Some info on who the people of this empire were, may be surprised,
http://www.localhistories.org/persians.html

Last edited:
You've got some great info there Meer. There is a ton at the link with the map. Gonna take me a while to go thru all this.

I watched a show on Discovery years ago about the Persians. They were interesting people for sure. But much like the Romans did, they grew too large and eventually lost control of it all.

You've got some great info there Meer. There is a ton at the link with the map. Gonna take me a while to go thru all this.

I watched a show on Discovery years ago about the Persians. They were interesting people for sure. But much like the Romans did, they grew too large and eventually lost control of it all.

I use to study the Bible alot looking for what to believe and it brought me through history.
I'd come home from library with arm loads of book and maps. I forgot most of it now. But it comes back when I revive it.

And THAT my friends is what the second amendment is all about. It is also what gun control is all about. They know they can't subdue an armed citizenry.
Keep your guns, and keep your freedom, liberty and rights.

Car I'm watching the movie now,thanks.

Very good movie but wish the ending had of shown the outcome, still it was good.
Sadly the sheriff was in on it too. Under the law the county sheriff has more authority in his county than any other law enforcement agency in the whole nation.
Here are the real people below.

I have searched for the truth about this Athens Uprising and the real facts has been hidden for whatever reason they don't want it out. Except in a " RARE " book [ whatever that means ] somebody wrote.

Just one more reason I detest HollyHoods and the lies they fed us in their so called true stories which are really just BS agenda pushing crapola.

Closest I could find of a few 'facts' about what really happened is on this site,a short one.

https://tennesseeencyclopedia.net/entries/battle-of-athens/

@Caribou , not complaining about the movie you put up I did enjoy it. Just don't know why they have to mess with everything the call movies based on facts. First off there wasn't a Mexican who got beat up, or a white man who got shot, it was a black man a deputy shot for trying to vote.
The truth would have made the movie just as good if not better.

Skip to 1:00 minute in video where black man info.

Last edited:
Kat it was a 1992 movie that portrayed racism and corruption. I believe that those existed there at that time. Whether there were chicanos in the community or not I don't know, or care. I think the movie was true to the nature of the event and displayed the honour of our veterans. One of the parts of this event, that I expect to be true, that has not been mentioned so far is that they cleaned all the guns before they were returned to the armoury. I think the movie captured this part of American history well enough. I doubt that the leader of the rebellion fell in love with the doctor's daughter. I'm sure there was a smidgen of artistic license used in the movie. I'm okay with that.

Did you notice that Cyrus Trumps namesake or namesake of Trump was all about?

Yemen is between Saudi Arabia and Africa and for such a small area has big influence on both nations and even the world. I'm not sure why so maybe history will tell us something about the present. Or maybe not, lol.

Last edited:
The Fifth Estate doing what they do best. This piece of work really did mean it saying " Good Night and Good Luck". I take it as :sarcasm:.

McCarthy warning us about what we have today. Very informative if anyone wants to know some of the facts of this era in our history.:good luck:

Pay close attention to 5:14 segment of video.

Again attention to 5"14 in this video, it has happened just like he said it would.

And you are so right, but what matters is the intention of the heart, whether our "leaders" were right or wrong is not the point for an individual.
I have a really good quote somewhere about that.....

Of course and I type small sentences since I can't type. But we are the best and still better than the rest.

In 2017 another movie came out about WW11 ' Dunkirk '. About the French and English battle with Hitler.

Here is what is known as 'the other side of the story'. I'm watching it now so I don't have any comments yet.

America is about to get into this war.

Last edited:
I've saw both those about Dunkirk and the one with America coming into WWII. Both were interesting and more than a little eye opening. The troops at Dinkirk would have all been captured if Hitler had just allowed his troops to move just a few more miles instead of forcing a halt. That may have made a huge difference early in the war.
I still believe things were allowed to happen that brought the US into the war. Pearl Harbor in particular. We had stayed out of it and intended to stay that way.

I've saw both those about Dunkirk and the one with America coming into WWII. Both were interesting and more than a little eye opening. The troops at Dinkirk would have all been captured if Hitler had just allowed his troops to move just a few more miles instead of forcing a halt. That may have made a huge difference early in the war.
I still believe things were allowed to happen that brought the US into the war. Pearl Harbor in particular. We had stayed out of it and intended to stay that way.

I know it seems Hitlers pride messed up that move big time. All those poor Brits and Frenchmen died on that beach, so sad.
I know war is nessasary but it is also sad. Soldiers come home but still live with the after effects.

You are so right. Many mental as well as the obvious physical ones.

I witnessed both up close and personal in the late 60s and 70s. VA hospitals will really tear you up. Then family and friends fighting the guilt for being home and surviving.
I should start writing to some again. Last one was in Mosul and he went down in his heli. Last letter he ask for hard wrapped candy to throw down to the kids and little toys. We sent him that and some treats for him and crew. We sent letters to whoever needed them. It made me upset some of these guys didn't have proper safety gear like special sun glasses in the mountains.

Last edited:
Who first sold slaves out of Africa to the Western Americas?
Does anyone know where the word 'slave' comes from?

Fact and evidence is seldom popular when agendas are plenty.

Too bad Sentry isn't online with us anymore. He would have a ball debating these subjects. LOL.

But you can't say much on some subjects or you will be some kind of phobic or other hate name.
" In a time of national deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act". Forgot who said it.

For me history is sometimes a rude awakening. The catholics and islam have lots in common. Catholics created islam in the mid to late 1400s AD. Doesn't make catholics bad anymore than any other organized religions. But islam has bad teaching unlike most others.

Last edited:
Somebody brought up movie 'Sink The Bizmark and it brought me back to W11 and this. It has CC for those with hearing impairment.
Very interesting.

America enters WW11,

Last edited:
There are three threads I save for the end of my day, this is one of them. Thank you to all that take the time and effort to make my day complete with information and entertainment. It is greatly appreciated my me and I am sure many others.

@TMT Tactical . We sure miss you on here and your appreciation of history. Hubby said hope TMT is still visiting and watching our videos. He likes history too just not as much as I do.
Hope alls well with you and the family.
Our buddy BacP is another one who likes history and keeps us company .

A little history about lots of things, my sentence will make more sense if you watch it.

It has CC for those who have a hearing problem.

Latest posts

Back