Historical Events In America

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving history study to Europe war with China to see if America is repeating its history of Opiate drug influence on a nation. Seems this impost of opiates was the fall of China till they banned it from public.

America seems to be one of the worlds most drugged nations. Since the 1950s it has progressed from the streets to the doctors offices. And now an opiate epidemic and very lucrative for soem and deadly for others.
[ if I remember correctly the word for pharmacy is pharmakia which is Greek for sorcery. Just a thought. ]
I know soldiers in the VNam war spoke of opiem dens in Nam and I personally had a friend from their 'Boomer' who told me about her people so overcoem with opiates they had no desire above the drug. She said her parents and grandparents basically just sat in rocking chairs and rocked till they died .
Will this be how America falls?

The Second Opium War (Arrow War, 1856-1860)

https://amazingbibletimeline.com/blog/second-opium-war-arrow-war-1856-1860/

Last edited:
I have actually been to an opium den. Didn't mean to go there, me and a buddy took a cab to a bar and we just stumbled in. We quickly realized where we were and got out fast. It was not a safe place for 2 American sailors to be. What I saw was beyond belief. There were even some young kids in there.

I have actually been to an opium den. Didn't mean to go there, me and a buddy took a cab to a bar and we just stumbled in. We quickly realized where we were and got out fast. It was not a safe place for 2 American sailors to be. What I saw was beyond belief. There were even some young kids in there.

Was that in Nam BackL? Either way I'm glad you got out of there.
My son was in the Navy. Mothers don't like wars,lol. He sent ne things from all over the world.

One of the main problems with most Americans as with all nations citizens throughout history is they don't know their history or pay attention the the history of those before them.
Some here could learn a lot of it on this thread that I have researched and put up in an easy to understand format.
Want to know the future just look in the past. Of course now the options have changed dramatically if there is any options.

I noticed a movie came out " Good Night And Good Luck " about certain media men and veteran generals.
Well that was not the end of the story or even the beginning.
The rest of the story or at least the other side, before it is erased from history forever.

The Fifth Estate doing what they do best. This piece of work really did mean it saying " Good Night and Good Luck". I take it as :sarcasm:.

McCarthy warning us about what we have today. Very informative if anyone wants to know some of the facts of this era in our history.:good luck:

Pay close attention to 5:14 segment of video.

Was that in Nam BackL? Either way I'm glad you got out of there.
My son was in the Navy. Mothers don't like wars,lol. He sent ne things from all over the world.
Singapore in 1973
An infamous place called Boogie Street. Not for the faint of heart or those easily shocked.
At night it was a big street party with lots of booze and lady boy parades.
We always went in a group and looked out for each other.

Talking about ' Columbus Day with friend and this came up. Haven't studied it yet so I'll park it here for future reference.

https://www.history.com/news/the-viking-explorer-who-beat-columbus-to-america

The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
Leif Eriksson Day commemorates the Norse explorer believed to have led the first European expedition to North America.
CHRISTOPHER KLEIN

he Vikings coveted Constantinople but could never breach its walls. Only by becoming the personal bodyguards of the Byzantine emperor did the Nordic warriors grab a piece of its wealth.

The epic voyages of the Vikings to the British Isles, Iceland, North America and points west tend to obscure the fact that the Scandinavian warriors also ventured far to the east across Europe and parts of Asia. While the Danes and Norwegians sailed west, Swedish fighters and traders traveled in the opposite direction, enticed initially by the high-quality silver coins minted by the Abbasid Caliphate that sprawled across the Middle East.

Constantinople’s location on the shores of the Bosporus strait, which divided Europe from Asia, allowed it to become a prosperous crossroads of trade, the largest city in Europe and the richest city in the world. Great treasures necessitated stout defenses. The most-heavily fortified city in the world, Constantinople was encircled by a moat and three parallel walls. In addition, an iron chain that could be stretched across the mouth of the city’s harbor protected it from a naval assault.

Last edited:
There were people in The Americas over 80,000 years ago.
They were advanced enough technologically that they mapped Antarctica and the American shorelines.
They traveled the world and brought back coins, statues and other things that date as far back as the early Egyptian period.
Archeologists have dated some of the finds at 100,000 years.
This might explain why the Aztec and Inca had a statue and prophecy that a white "god" would return. The assumed Cortes was that "God".

They were advanced enough technologically that they mapped Antarctica and the American shorelines.
They traveled the world and brought back coins, statues and other things that date as far back as the early Egyptian period.
This might explain why the Aztec and Inca had a statue and prophecy that a white "god" would return. The assumed Cortes was that "God".

I'm not a fan of the 80,000 or 100,000 science eras. They can barely prove last several milliniums.
I'm weskepticle of most of many of these claims.But who knows,not me for sure.

@SheepDog of course you can put up the history of the era you want too. This is as much your thread as mine,I'm just liking to study history and I'm sure I can learn from you and others here.:thumbs::Thankyou:

I'm not a fan of the 80,000 or 100,000 science eras. They can barely prove last several milliniums.
I'm weskepticle of most of many of these claims.But who knows,not me for sure.

@SheepDog ........Your so kind to ignore my rude post. Looks like I was having a bad day no excuse, sorry.

Back to subject,

We were talking Nascar and so thought I'd put this up for a little short story history lesson.

Meerkat,
I did not find your post rude at all. forums are places to teach, learn, disagree, have fun and express opinions.
As long as e follow the rules we are good. You did nothing wrong as far as I can see.

Meerkat,
I did not find your post rude at all. forums are places to teach, learn, disagree, have fun and express opinions.
As long as e follow the rules we are good. You did nothing wrong as far as I can see.

Ok thats good. Some times I'm not clear and others I'm just being rude so I try to apologize if I take out bad day on others.

I have thick skin and sometimes a skull to match. ;)

Came up on a post in another forum so thought it is also a huge part of out history,

Catholic Spain and Protastant Great Britain fight over the spoils of America. Also our first protestant massacre on American soils
But it won't be the last war by a long shot.[ Man is a conquoring soul.]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Matanzas_National_Monument

Fort Matanzas National Monument
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
U.S. National Monument

Fort Matanzas was built by the Spanish in 1742 to guard Matanzas Inlet, the southern mouth of the Matanzas River, which could be used as a rear entrance to the city of St. Augustine. Such an approach avoided St. Augustine's primary defense system, centered at Castillo de San Marcos. In 1740, Gov. James Oglethorpe of Georgia used the inlet to blockade St. Augustine[3] and launch a thirty-nine-day siege. St. Augustine endured the siege, but the episode convinced the Spanish that protecting the inlet was necessary to the security of the town.[4] Under Gov. Manuel de Montiano's orders, construction of the fort began that year and was completed in 1742.[5] Engineer Pedro Ruiz de Olano, who had worked on additions to the Castillo de San Marcos,[6] designed the fortified observation tower.[7] Convicts, slaves, and troops from Cuba were used as labor to erect the structure, which was sited on present-day Rattlesnake Island[8] and had a commanding position over Matanzas Inlet.[9]

The fort, known to the Spanish as Torre de Matanzas (Matanzas Tower),[10][11] is a masonry structure made of coquina,[12] a common shellstone building material in the area.[13] The marshy terrain was stabilized by a foundation of pine pilings[7][14] to accommodate a building 50 feet (15 m) long on each side with a 30-foot (9.1 m) high tower. The standard garrison of the fort was one officer in charge, four infantrymen, and two gunners,[15] though more troops could be stationed if necessary. All soldiers at Fort Matanzas served on rotation from their regular duty in St. Augustine. Five cannon were placed at the fort—four six-pounders and one eighteen-pounder.[16] All guns could reach the inlet,[7] which at the time was less than half a mile away.

In 1742, as the fort was nearing completion, the British under Oglethorpe approached the inlet with twelve ships.[17] Cannon fire drove off the scouting boats, and the warships left without engaging the fort.

Last edited:
The French come along. To be continued.

The French first came to the New World as travelers, seeking a route to the Pacific Ocean and wealth. Major French exploration of North America began under the rule of Francis I, King of France. In 1524, Francis sent Italian-born Giovanni da Verrazzano to explore the region between Florida and Newfoundland for a route to the Pacific Ocean. Verrazzano gave the names Francesca and Nova Gallia to that land between New Spain and English Newfoundland, thus promoting French interests.[1]

Colonization

390px-Nouvelle-France_map-en.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_colonization_of_the_Americas

Last edited:
All of us from different parts of the world assimulating into a melting pot. And built a great nation. Then we allowed those in who didn't want to assimulate and thats where we are today.No longer united .

Well we didn't assimilate into the American Indian cultures - except for a few brave souls.
Look what we did to them!
I'd say we have it coming but I will fight to keep the republic stable! (just like the Indians)

Well we didn't assimilate into the American Indian cultures - except for a few brave souls.
I'd say we have it coming but I will fight to keep the republic stable! (just like the Indians)

No we didn't did we. But it would be fairly hard to go from castles
iu
to wigwams or teepee's. We did use some of their laws and ways in our constitution though. All man are warriora, indins were at war with each other long before we came. Still we were suppose to be more civilized and not act like we did to them. Indians didn't live long lives because of wars and lack of medicines and dentist. We also learned from them some good ways.
None know the way of peace.

From the beginning of time its not the people who determine who wins or loses, it those in power.
I just like to read and study mans ways. Just a hobby that is more entertaining than the violent, fake entertainment.

ALSO, SheepD, This is not just about the uncivilized dark skinned people of the wold.
The pale skins were just as barbaric in nature as any of thei darker skinned cousins.
The barbaric nortern tribes of Norse, Celtic,Gaelic,, Frankish tribes were like beast at times so this thread is not to set up or pull down any certain people. It is just history and lik others progressed with time. Some just take longer thsn others.

https://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/ancientgermans.htm

By about 500 BCE the Germanic tribes were occupying the southern shores of the Baltic and southern Scandinavia. Some of these Germanic tribes migrated and established control of new territories. Tribes from Scandinavia, known as the Goths, migrated southeast to the area north of the Black Sea. Later they divided into the Ostrogoths and the Visigoths and conquered areas in the north shore of the Mediterranean Sea as far west as the Iberian peninsula. Later the Franks from what is now Germany moved west and conquered the Low Lands and Roman Gaul, giving it their name as France. The Angles and Saxons, along with Justes, invaded Britain and created England. Another Germanic tribe, the Lombards (long beards), invaded and conquered what is now northern Italy. The Burgundians from the region which included the Baltic Island of Bornholm moved southward and ended up establishing the Kingdom of Burgundy in what is now southeast France. Still later Germanic tribe invaded the territory of the Prussians, a Slavic people, and conquered them so thoroughly that Prussian came to be identified as the epitome of Germanness. All in all it was a remarkable record of military prowess on the part of the Germanic tribes. However in the scheme of things the occupation of territory by the less bellicose Slavic tribes was more successful. And while the Slavic tribes by and large maintained their linguistic and cultural identity the conquering Germanic tribes were largely absorbed into the cultures they conquered.

The first written record of the Germanic tribes was by the Roman historian Tacitus in 98 BCE. German tribes were moving into the region that is now southwestern Germany about the same time the Romans were conquering Gaul. Julius Caesar defeated the Suevian tribe in 70 BCE and thus established the Rhine River as the boundary between Roman and German territory. But a Roman fear of militaristic peoples on their borders prompted the Roman governor Varus to invade the territory beyond the Rhine. Those Romans were soundly defeated in the year 9 AD at the Battle of Teutoburg Forest. The leader of the victorious Germans was a German who had received military training in the Roman army. This German victory freed the German tribes of any serious threat of domination by the Romans, although the Romans did later conquer some territories beyond the Rhine and the Danube.

The king of the Franks, Clovis, ruled over the mixed Celtic-Roman-German population of Gaul from 486 to 511. Clovis's line, the Merovingians, ended when Pepin the Younger gained the throne of the Franks in 741. His line became known as the Carolingians.

The greatest of the Carolingians was Charlemagne (Charles the Great) who ruled the Franks from 768 to 814. Charlemagne conquered the Lombard kingdom of north Italy in 774. In 800 Charlemagne was declared Holy Roman Emperor by the Pope. Charlemagne's son Louis continued the rule of the Frankish Holy Roman Empire which stretched from the Spanish Marches to what is now Germany and Austria. But this magnificient empire was too large and unwieldy to rule so shortly after Louis the Pious died in 840 the empire was divided, in 843 by the Treaty of Verdun, between three of Charlemagne's grandsons. The title of Holy Roman Emperor went to the ruler of the Middle Kingdom.

The Division of Charlemagne's Empire, 843 A.D.

I had a friend from Thailand who said even the old people were on opium, said her grand parents 'like many others 'just sat in rocker on dope till they O.Ded and died.

Last edited:
Check out these evil white crackpots who also don't learn from their pagan history. Even worse in some articles the world leaders are " PARTICIPATING " WITH THEM.:ghostly:. This is in just last few years too.

Trying to blow us all up I guess? God Particle.

Last edited:
I could have told the 'God Particle ' ignorant mad scientist that mass comes from spirit uad energy, maybe even dark matter. I don't study on it but I did have a couple out of body experience and several other paranormal events.
You do not have to have mass to be present. But only those who had paranormal event understand this.

Back To Sunject,
Why did we win the Revolutionary war.? I think I know why anyone else have an answer?

Two reasons we won the war against Britain:
1. We fought dirty using ambush tactics and killing the officers in charge.
2. Ben Franklin lied to France, three times, to persuade them to join in our fight against England.
If George Washington had used the same tactics as the Minute Men and other militias used we wouldn't have needed Frances help. George wanted to show how civilized he was so he fought on their terms, almost losing the war twice at least.

My point exactly!
You fight to win - it isn't a boxing match or football - it's war. You use tactics and timing to your advantage or you let the other guy win.
The English said, OK we are going to put men from here to there in lines three deep. You put your guys in a line from there to over there and as many deep as you have men for.
We will start shooting at 10:am and the one group with the men standing wins.
So the militia men with rifles climbed trees on the sides and behind the English soldiers and when the shooting started they shot the commanders and the soldiers had no one to lead them and they ran.
Other militia men lined the roads and kept shooting as the Brits ran by.
This is a very exaggerated and shortened version of what happened at Concord on April 19, 1775.
The Brits called the colonists cowards and rabid dogs because they didn't play by the "rules" of war. :)

Latest posts

Back