Hmmm...can't say much for Gillette's new ads....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh-ahem, I've seen grotesquely obese women, know several, larger than she is, and I don't think she is. I also don't understand much of anything anymore.
What is the topic? Gillette? Or Gillette's choice in ad subjects? Is it wrong to portray what quite a few women look like? The article sees it as "promoting obesity"? Idiots. I don't know why I should be concerned. I'm concerned but not surprised at what I see as a lack of respect for her. What I found repulsive was how she was treated by males. Them, they be the pigs.

Eh-ahem, I've seen grotesquely obese women, know several, larger than she is, and I don't think she is. I also don't understand much of anything anymore.
What is the topic? Gillette? Or Gillette's choice in ad subjects? Is it wrong to portray what quite a few women look like? The article sees it as "promoting obesity"? Idiots. I don't know why I should be concerned. I'm concerned but not surprised at what I see as a lack of respect for her. What I found repulsive was how she was treated by males. Them, they be the pigs.

People have a tendency to forget "beauty is only skin deep," but brains/intelligence are really where it's at. I'd rather have a "fat woman with a high IQ," than a "beautiful air-head" that couldn't even spell "intelligence."

I proposed to my wife sight unseen after spending about a year getting to know her through emails and then telephone calls. I never even had a picture of her until we met.
One of my acquaintances asked what I would have done if she had four arms... I told him it would not change who she was.
She is a smart woman with a higher than average IQ and a perfect match for me. Over the last twenty years she just gets better and we have never had an argument or a fight.
We spend a little time discussing our needs and desires to each other but never expect things to change quickly or dramatically.

Obesity is the number one cause of death in this nation and cigaretts number 2. Maybe next time they can put a smoker in their ads.

Actually, the number one cause of death is life. It is a sexually transmitted disease that is always terminal. ;)

The lady in the ad put herself out there by posing in the bikini. No one is really caring about how smart or kind she is at first glance.
Anyone see those photos going around about a typical British or Australian lady who decided to order an item from a famous swimsuit line and then try it on? It was pretty funny. No one is built like those models, except models. And with photoshop, who knows?

Latest posts

Back