Hmmmm, What could go wrong?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy was a trained professional not someone with no knowledge. Free climbing is as big a sport as base jumping. Neither is extremely safe.

Ernest Hemingway said:
“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

I have a higher tolerance for risk than most.. but "free" mountain climbing has a risk that is so disproportionately high even for the fittest of individuals..... An activity only to be done in emergencies.

Hey, let's go climb a several thousand feet high cliff! Without safety equipment. you know, just our bare hands and a bag of rosin.....what could go wrong?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...obright-dies-after-rock-climbing-fall-mexico/
Just a few points:
1. A helicopter is a terrible thing to waste. Ride one.
2. If I was a free-climber, I'd at least be wearing the backup chute that para-gliders wear.
3. He traveled all the way to Mexico to perform this death-defying stunt where a human life is worth about 85 pesos.
"Neither Jacobson nor Gobright tied stopper knots to the ends of their sides of rope, a safety measure to prevent falls, according to reports.
4. I'm not a professional, and I will ask Phideaux to hold my beer, but I do know how to tie a knot in the end of a damn rope:rolleyes:.

Hmm well that is what happens when you are lax and don't follow safety guidelines :rolleyes: like tying a knot in the end of your rope so you don't come off it and send your climbing partner to fall into the abyss.

Yes I have done rock climbing but knots are a basic thing and the thing you first learn and one of them was an instructor and should have known better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back