Holidays are a great time of year to stock up on Food!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Different times of year allow best prices for certain foods, but during November and December, there are sales on many foods that are used during the holidays, but beyond as well. Baking goods are at a good price now. Do you watch prices and ads? I try to shop sales as much as possible and when there are good sales, I buy extra. Sugar, flour, condensed milk, some canned beans and others, chocolate chips, some things we are not able to produce ourselves.

Also, check out this woman's pantry! Wow! I think she has to be an obedient Mormon.

That's one thing I like about the Mormons, their preparedness... I believe they are encouraged to keep a year's worth of food at hand? I can't say I hold with polygamy, one woman should be enough for anybody, and I know all about the 'Mountain Meadow Massacre' and other atrocities, but some citizens could learn about prepping by seeing how the Mormons go about it, lol. o_O

BTW, I wholly agree with you on food prices during holiday sales and whatnot... I thought I got a decent price on that bird I'm cooking, it only cost me around $18, lol, and I'll eat off that thing for darned near a week, wrapping it all up with delicious homemade turkey soup! I use big chunks of meat & veggies in the soups I make, I don't like thin watery soup, lol. :confused:

Also, one can find many canned & dry goods on sale during the holidays, perhaps because some stores wanna clear inventories and make room for more stuff... so I'll be on the scout for good deals, lol. Who knows what'll happen after this fraudulent election is done, with that slimy Pelosi scumbucket already crowing over 'Democratic victory', pfffffffft. 😒

Last edited:
Yes, I'd say they are... in the White Mountains, most of them were honest hard-working folks, with generally strong family values. Coming from a broken home, I appreciated that, lol. One thing I'll say, they are very clannish about dealing with 'Gentiles' and hiring any outsiders to work in their companies... I learned that the hard way while trying to score a job with trucking outfits up there, I'd practically be told I had a job and had the keys handed to me, then Cousin Joe the Mormon would snatch 'em in front of me, lol. In fact, one time I had already passed the drug screen (successfully) and was looking to start on Monday when that same drill happened, lol. Meh, no hard feelings, I'd probably act the same way, lol. Take care of your own first, right? So don't think I'm down on Mormons, some I met were great folks! Sure beat dealing with gangbangers & criminals in San Diego, hands down, lol. Cheers!!! :cool:

Latest posts

Back