Home Decor 101, by Wingnut

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnut

Rogue Dinosaur
Neighbor
Okay, you may have seen some shots of my fixer home in my introductory thread, now we are going to document the decoration of this former tweaker palace in the high desert, lol. :oops:

Disclaimer: Photos may be completely random, so don't expect any continuity, lol. Stuff is coming out of cardboard moving boxes & storage, so bear with me. Later, I'll post shots of the whole effect in each room, but for now, it's 'Random Decor City!' Here we go:

IMG_7334.JPG

IMG_7339.JPG

Okay, I may have already posted those cat shots in another thread, but they were still in my camera, so man up and deal with 'em, lol... ;)

IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7371.JPG

IMG_7372.JPG
IMG_7373.JPG

There's that rock climbing art I mentioned (bad angle due to glare), and the primo tile art galleon bought in Europe half a century ago... :)

IMG_7374.JPG
IMG_7375.JPG

A deceased friend built that poster frame for the Cup Series, I gotta tighten it up later... the poster was signed by the biggest losers in the regatta, in a hundred years that thing will be worth a million bucks, since NOBODY else kept a poster signed by Team Espana. Other shot is my Rockwell B-1B bomber poster, with the plane kicking up a rooster tail, lol. "Wakeboarding, anyone?" :good luck:

IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

My bad boy dragon, gotta put him where visitors will notice him, lol. He's pretty cool, always gets positive comments. Dunno if you can read that souvenir to the right in that last photo, it shows Egyptian pyramids but it says: "Greetings from Luxembourg!" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I've been to Luxembourg, but I don't recall it looking like THAT! Don't recall any camels either... whoever made that particular souvenir must have been smoking the GOOD $H!T, lol. :dancing:

I'm gonna break these photos into sets, just in case there's a pic limit per post. Back in a flash, or maybe half an hour, lol... you'll never know with THIS thread, I guarantee it!!! CHEERS!!! 🍺

Last edited:
Okay, here we go with Round #2 of funky decor shots:

IMG_7376.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG

Cool seahorse, aye? Haven't figured out where to put him yet, so he's up on a shelf by the TV for now... that green vase always goes with him, since it resembles seaweed, lol. Dang, there's another cat shot which slipped into the mix, they like that leather sofa! ;)

IMG_7380.JPG

IMG_7382.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

There's me beloved & dear departed mum's glass collection, along with a ceramic pot and a primo conch shell... my pop the submarine commander picked up that shell somewhere during his travels in the Pacific, it has been in our family for 60 years or so. Pretty nice shell, hard to beat Mother Nature when it comes to natural beauty. :)

IMG_7414.JPG

IMG_7415.JPG

Napoleonic War art, and another dragon in a burnt wood frame... haven't found a place for these yet. Got another dragon too, but I'll have to put him in the next set of pics. Back in a flash... :oops:

Round #3 of home decor by Wingnut:

IMG_7416.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

Hmm, first pic is kinda fuzzy, but that's the other dragon I mentioned. Second shot shows my lightning ball, or plasma ball, or whatever they call those things. It's now on my bar, where it'll stay until I move or die, lol. Hey, there's my black panther, but that stupid tile is in the background... the cat will probably stay where he is (on the hutch), but the tile will be gone. :rolleyes:

IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

IMG_7421.JPG

IMG_7422.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

IMG_7424.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG

Temporary layout of coffee table... I'm still sorting stuff, you understand. Note the primo tile art from Europe, circa 1960s & early 1970s. I have a lot of tile art, and some pretty cool ceramic plates too that will eventually go up on a wall somewhere in my home. Just a matter of time, figuring out what goes where, lol... that penultimate shot with the tall ship is cool, I gotta find a place for it, same goes for the Korean fan my brother sent to my mom years ago. I like that design, it's pretty cool! :cool:

Okay, break time for now, gotta grab another cold one and think about making dinner in a while... but I'll keep this thread open and post shots of other cool stuff you probably haven't seen in years, if at all, lol. Some of the travel posters will blow your mind, they are heller cool posters from WAY back in the day, when the Med still had hippies wearing beads & Roman sandals, lol... cue the Merle Haggard tune!!! "I'M PROUD TO BE AN OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE..." Lol. CHEERS!!! 🍺

Round #3 of home decor by Wingnut:

View attachment 88064
View attachment 88065
View attachment 88066

Hmm, first pic is kinda fuzzy, but that's the other dragon I mentioned. Second shot shows my lightning ball, or plasma ball, or whatever they call those things. It's now on my bar, where it'll stay until I move or die, lol. Hey, there's my black panther, but that stupid tile is in the background... the cat will probably stay where he is (on the hutch), but the tile will be gone. :rolleyes:

View attachment 88067
View attachment 88068
View attachment 88069
View attachment 88070
View attachment 88071
View attachment 88072
View attachment 88073

Temporary layout of coffee table... I'm still sorting stuff, you understand. Note the primo tile art from Europe, circa 1960s & early 1970s. I have a lot of tile art, and some pretty cool ceramic plates too that will eventually go up on a wall somewhere in my home. Just a matter of time, figuring out what goes where, lol... that penultimate shot with the tall ship is cool, I gotta find a place for it, same goes for the Korean fan my brother sent to my mom years ago. I like that design, it's pretty cool! :cool:

Okay, break time for now, gotta grab another cold one and think about making dinner in a while... but I'll keep this thread open and post shots of other cool stuff you probably haven't seen in years, if at all, lol. Some of the travel posters will blow your mind, they are heller cool posters from WAY back in the day, when the Med still had hippies wearing beads & Roman sandals, lol... cue the Merle Haggard tune!!! "I'M PROUD TO BE AN OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE..." Lol. CHEERS!!! 🍺
🍺🍻You might be my "beer brother"!!!??

I love the dragons and the glass bottles! I have a thing for glass bottles, I love them, no idea why. The panther feels familiar to me somehow but I can't place where I would have seen something like it before. 🤔

It's not a very large collection of glass bottles & vases, but some of 'em are very unusual. They were slowly collected over the decades, and I keep 'em for sentimental value. Same goes for much of the nautical decor... stuff picked up here & there, ya know? My family lived by the sea for decades, so I took these things for granted; now that I'm in the high desert (and have been for six years or so), I appreciate these things as reminders of the past when times were easier all around and life wasn't so... er... political. :oops:

I'm not doing much decorating today, I'm listening to the thunder and hoping for more rain... we had a little earlier, but nowhere near enough. However, the sky is still dark and there are sprinkles in the birdbaths, so we may luck out and get more rain this afternoon. I wasn't in the mood to go to town earlier, in fact I've decided to only go to town when I need more beer, that'll save money in the long run. Combine trips & errands so I'm not wasting money on fuel this summer. All part of the Brave New Fraudulent Third World. :confused:

I'm still juggling a bunch of stuff at this point: trying to pick up home rehab work, trying to decorate, trying to clean up the thumper which hasn't left its shed for over a month... I intend to do all this stuff, but I'm not in any race to do it, I'm simply gonna do whatever I feel like doing each day, and hope for the best. With the constant bombardment of bad news by this fraudulent regime and their globalist masters, I often need a little "down time" to combat the 'psychological fatigue' I've experienced lately. All the BS wears on ya... and that's no lie. :rolleyes:

I suppose that's why I like having so many reminders of the good ol' days... my home is my castle, and my sanctuary from all the manufactured grief we put up with nowadays. There are days like today when all I want to do is chill out and spend quality time with my cats, lol. I don't think I'm being lazy... I've never been lazy before, when I got on something I'd hammer it out, but I've noticed lately that I'm not so driven to complete tasks pronto. Might be old age creeping up on me, lol... no worries, I'm not gonna dwell on it, I'll just do things at my own pace and be satisfied. :cool:

Yes, the galleon is a personal favorite, that tile art has been with me for many decades. Same goes for the smaller tiles, including the black & white tile of the walled city. All of these tiles were bought in Europe between 1968 and 1973, and the quality is nice, they are very sturdy tiles, lol. We cracked a few of the tile coasters over the years, but I glued 'em back together whenever possible and just used 'em for decor, aye? The colors in some tiles are truly amazing, which is why I like having them around... the galleon serves to remind me of countless sailing voyages off San Diego in decades past. :cool:

Good times, those voyages... some made solo, some made with friends, but all worth making just to get closer to nature. Many a time I'd share my voyage with a friendly dolphin or sea lion... sea birds too, I'd often share my lunch with 'em by bringing along some extra treats like stale bread, chips, pet kibble, etc. Hurl that stuff over the leeward quarter and watch the birds scrabble for it... like being a deckhand aboard a sportfishing boat, with a flock of hungry gulls following the boat up the channel on the way home, diving for the scraps as fish were cleaned and everything else got tossed astern. :rolleyes:

AH, YES, THE GOOD OL' DAYS!!! AT LEAST I HAVE MY MEMORIES, NOBODY CAN TAKE THOSE AWAY... ⛵

Here are more shots of my... er... supervisors:

IMG_7454.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7459.JPG

Looks like I may be getting some kittens soon after all, I found a place that helps with the spaying & neutering (the main reason why I've held back on adoption). I also didn't want to have to drive clear to El Paso or Las Cruces to get the kittens fixed once it's time... this outfit is based in Alamogordo and they claim responsibility for spaying or neutering kittens at the appropriate age, with adoption fees set at $60 per kitten. This may work! I would love to have a pair or even a trio of kittens around, they'd cheer up the place to no end, and I reckon I can work around 'em, though my "work schedule" will stretch out for another 6 months, lol. Meh, I'm in no hurry, the painting can wait a bit, it'll get done eventually... ;)

Here's a 'shell lamp' I dug out of storage, it has a glass base you can see right through, and it was one of my mom's favorite lamps:

IMG_7466.JPG

Then we have this old brass lamp which has been in the family for at least 60 years, one day I'll clean it up so it shines again, but for now, it's just good to see this old friend again:

IMG_7467.JPG

IMG_7468.JPG

Another lamp I pulled from storage, not sure I'll need it but it's in the north bedroom at present:

IMG_7469.JPG

Here are some small items of "acceptable clutter"---items of sentimental value which don't take too much space:

IMG_7474.JPG

IMG_7475.JPG

That wooden schooner is a keeper, I picked that up in New England during my "trucking daze"---bought it at a truck stop, of all places, and it cost under $20, lol. The little white 'penguin' has been in the family for at least half a century. That Christmas rocking horse is something my mom bought... seems kinda silly, a grown man keeping such an item, but it reminds me of my ma, so it stays. Anybody who makes a derogatory comment upon it will get a 'Sword Hand' or 'Dragon Claw' to the throat, lol. Might get jabbed in the eye with that penguin too, lol... :oops:

P.S. That old "butcher block" table is cool too, the one under the brass lamp... a wooden table which has been in our family for 60 or 70 years. :cool:

Oh, yeah, I found the other half of the lighthouse collection, it's still boxed up but I know where it is... it consists of ceramic tiles and decorative ceramic plates which will be hung on a wall somewhere. I kept all the hardware, just gotta figure out where it's all gonna go. Some stuff may stay boxed until the kitchen & bathrooms are painted, no point in putting it up only to take it down in weeks ahead. Maybe I'll take a few shots of it for Neb, the plates & tiles are rather nice. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Spoke too soon, the plates will be a hassle to photograph, they'll have to wait, but I dug out a primo decorative tile made in Greece. This is one of my favorites: an ancient sailing ship with dolphins (or porpoises) broad on the starboard bow. Over the years, it has received many compliments from expert small craft sailors, one or two wanted to buy it for a generous amount of money, but I had to turn 'em down, lol. You don't see cool tiles like this very often anymore, this 6" square tile has a 71 on the back, which probably means it was made in '71.

IMG_7484.JPG

Pretty cool tile, aye? The designs are intricate as well, not bad for a black & white piece. Next, we have what looks like a laser engraving in sandstone, I bought this for $25 at a swap meet in Arizona, lol. No worries about clutter with this one, it can always go outside, on the front porch or in the yard.

IMG_7483.JPG

Okey-dokey, that's enough for now, I'm through with boxes for today... sure is nice to see this cool stuff again, it may not mean much to others, but hey, it's my life! ;)

Last edited:
Well, I went into the shelter to look at kittens, and found a litter of four which I would've adopted on the spot... little guys and one gal, and they took a shine to me as well, but I made the mistake of mentioning that they'd be indoor/outdoor cats once they were old enough. Must have been a libtard shelter, as some gal then told me I couldn't adopt because the kittens were only allowed to be indoor cats, pffffft. Now, I could've changed my tune, but I'm not the kinda guy who does that, and my cats all have to live free and take their chances in life, same way I do, aye? I'd still lock 'em down at night, when the predator danger is greatest, and I wouldn't even teach 'em about the cat door until they were old enough to get along outdoors. Meh, I reckon I'll have to keep looking into low-cost spaying & neutering, that way I simply rescue kittens off C/L... just seems stupid, with 175 cats cooped up in the shelter, they won't let folks adopt, even though my home is ideally suited for cats of any age. I had the money to throw down too, $240 for four kittens... kinda sad, really, since those little guys (and one gal) would've undoubtedly loved my home. Typical libtard BS, no common sense involved. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw on the road:

'CONGRESS... THE OPPOSITE OF PROGRESS!' :oops:

And ain't THAT the goddam truth?!? :confused:

I'm back to my Shiner Strawberry Blonde brew, hits the spot on a warm day... :rolleyes:

More decor shots as I slowly make progress:

IMG_7548.JPG

IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7552.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

IMG_7510.JPG

IMG_7512.JPG

Wound up putting the chart over the bar area... Poseidon, God of the Sea, always overlooks the chart, I had to squeeze him in due to space considerations. The chart shows San Diego Bay and hometown Coronado... our old place was just right of center on the village grid. No matter where I live, the chart always goes up on a wall in my home, simply to remind me of good times & party voyages. In all other respects, I don't miss that burg at all: the noise, the crowds, the insane traffic, the crime, the foul city attitudes, etc. :oops:

"I'LL TAKE THE BOONDOCKS FOR $500, ALEX!!!" :cool:

P.S. I now view all schools as leftist academic institutions, but I keep the Oxford wall hanging (made of cloth or linen) because it represents an ideal from back in the day, when Oxford was indeed a seat of learning without all the leftist BS and political garbage dragging it down... :confused:

Some more decor shots:

IMG_7508.JPG

IMG_7509.JPG

IMG_7511.JPG

IMG_7513.JPG

IMG_7556.JPG

IMG_7557.JPG

IMG_7554.JPG

IMG_7559.JPG

IMG_7560.JPG

Those oversized cards are great for smaller spaces, I put those up on the side of a kitchen cabinet which faces the dining area, that way all visitors can see 'em. I bought that cloth wall hanging of the white tigers for 50 cents at an estate sale, lol... meh, beats a crushed velvet Elvis picture, and the cats approve! ;)

I'm not a big fan of Redford as a leftist libtard, but I do like two of his movies: 'JEREMIAH JOHNSON' and 'BUTCH CASSIDY & THE SUNDANCE KID'---those two films are classic Westerns, the first is my favorite as far as Redford goes. Anyway, those two Sundance posters have been in the family since the film was made, so they go up on the wall... :rolleyes:

Found a spot for the Napoleonic War art, it's in a corner but it can still be seen and discussed. All the woodwork and wooden art frames are starting to look pretty cool... I can always move stuff around a bit later, I'm just trying to get the pieces I like most up on the walls so I can enjoy 'em, aye? :)

I haven't even gotten to the travel posters yet, they're gonna go up in other bedrooms and the kitchen, most likely... they look better as a group, but I might be able to put one or two in the bathrooms as well. Those two other bedrooms have all kinds of wall space, so the posters shall go up, I guarantee it, lol... guests can always walk in and check 'em out. 🤔

What else do we have today? Oh, yeah, a crooked pic of a 'ThirstyStone' lighthouse coaster, I have coasters strategically placed throughout my home so I can set my beer down and carry out some task, 10-4? The last shot shows a little wooden Pronghorn Antelope I've had for years... there's my nephew in the background, bless his soul! CHEERS!!! 🍺

P.S. The Old Point Loma Lighthouse is well-represented in my home, it's on the chart, it's on that coaster, and it exists in model form... the model even lights up at the flick of a switch, lol. Ah, well, it's an integral part of my own nautical history, I often used it as a temporary mark while on some tack in North Bay... it's a cool place to visit too, lol. Great view!!! ⛵

Last edited:
Slow day, but I did a little more decorating... tomorrow I should get more done. It's clouding over here again, so I stopped earlier than I intended, but I like plenty of natural light so I can see what I'm doing, 10-4? Also, working with this double-sided tape is infernally slow, and ya gotta be careful lining up the posters, otherwise it all turns into a royal PITA! Meh, I go at my own pace, this ain't no racetrack here at the ol' hacienda... got a few shots of stuff I put up today, there's some glare in certain pics but just deal with it, lol. Here we go:

IMG_7584.JPG

That tribal poster is beat, it has led a rough life, lol... but it stays! Don't mind the glare!

IMG_7585.JPG

Probably the ugliest Greek travel poster I have... but don't worry, I have plenty more!

IMG_7586.JPG

Yes, I use National Geographic posters for decor as well, this lunar poster actually has some very good info on it!

IMG_7587.JPG

Gotta have my Guadalupe Mountains Nat'l Park poster on a wall, it reminds me of heller good times!

IMG_7588.JPG

Here's a prettier travel poster of Greece, awesome sailing venue! And I've been there too, which makes it all the better!

IMG_7590.JPG

Another wall hanging from England... me mum picked this up on her last trip there to visit my brother.

IMG_7603.JPG

Haven't hung this yet, it's a Vietnam War Era protest poster... when's the last time y'all saw one of THESE?

IMG_7605.JPG

A Cremona Stradivarius, which means "high-dollar fiddle" in redneck lingo, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Me beloved & dear departed mum played violin in Tommy Dorsey's orchestra (Big Band Era), and she always liked this poster, so it stays...

IMG_7611.JPG

Another poster which hasn't gone up yet, I'll wait until tomorrow so I can put it up in better light. This is my 'Illustrated Chart Of American Flags' which shows everything from the flag of Columbus to the Revolutionary War to the 50 state flags... it's a primo poster, it ALWAYS receives compliments from visitors & guests. It even has a breakdown of CSA flags, including the one below, so I reckon that makes it a RACIST POSTER, lol. :oops:

IMG_7612.JPG

Anyway, more on that poster manana after I get it on the wall... took me awhile to figure out where it's gonna go, but I have a good place for it in the north bedroom. There will also be some cool travel posters in that room, I have 'em set aside and I'll deal with 'em tomorrow, it's just too gloomy with all the cloud cover, and I want natural light to hang 'em. Makes it easier, aye? I'm back to my cold beer, no more decorating today, I know it's slow but I ain't in a hurry, lol... CHEERS!!! 🍺

Slow day, but I did a little more decorating... tomorrow I should get more done. It's clouding over here again, so I stopped earlier than I intended, but I like plenty of natural light so I can see what I'm doing, 10-4? Also, working with this double-sided tape is infernally slow, and ya gotta be careful lining up the posters, otherwise it all turns into a royal PITA! Meh, I go at my own pace, this ain't no racetrack here at the ol' hacienda... got a few shots of stuff I put up today, there's some glare in certain pics but just deal with it, lol. Here we go:

View attachment 88449

That tribal poster is beat, it has led a rough life, lol... but it stays! Don't mind the glare!

View attachment 88450

Probably the ugliest Greek travel poster I have... but don't worry, I have plenty more!

View attachment 88451

Yes, I use National Geographic posters for decor as well, this lunar poster actually has some very good info on it!

View attachment 88452

Gotta have my Guadalupe Mountains Nat'l Park poster on a wall, it reminds me of heller good times!

View attachment 88453

Here's a prettier travel poster of Greece, awesome sailing venue! And I've been there too, which makes it all the better!

View attachment 88454

Another wall hanging from England... me mum picked this up on her last trip there to visit my brother.

View attachment 88455

Haven't hung this yet, it's a Vietnam War Era protest poster... when's the last time y'all saw one of THESE?

View attachment 88456

A Cremona Stradivarius, which means "high-dollar fiddle" in redneck lingo, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Me beloved & dear departed mum played violin in Tommy Dorsey's orchestra (Big Band Era), and she always liked this poster, so it stays...

View attachment 88457

Another poster which hasn't gone up yet, I'll wait until tomorrow so I can put it up in better light. This is my 'Illustrated Chart Of American Flags' which shows everything from the flag of Columbus to the Revolutionary War to the 50 state flags... it's a primo poster, it ALWAYS receives compliments from visitors & guests. It even has a breakdown of CSA flags, including the one below, so I reckon that makes it a RACIST POSTER, lol. :oops:

View attachment 88458

Anyway, more on that poster manana after I get it on the wall... took me awhile to figure out where it's gonna go, but I have a good place for it in the north bedroom. There will also be some cool travel posters in that room, I have 'em set aside and I'll deal with 'em tomorrow, it's just too gloomy with all the cloud cover, and I want natural light to hang 'em. Makes it easier, aye? I'm back to my cold beer, no more decorating today, I know it's slow but I ain't in a hurry, lol... CHEERS!!! 🍺
I have been to Greece. The sea color was amazing.

Idea

Make a hinged bracket to hold multiple frames each ot which has a poster on front and back. It would function as a book where you can flip to different "pages" to change up your your decor. As conversations drift you can switch pages of the poster- book.

Note
I have decades of of National Geographic inserts. With most of my walls filled with book shelves, I need a way to display them all in a compact wall area.

Continuing...

Each page can be gator board with a dowel along one edge to serve as a hinge. Adding some trim along the edges will give each page a framed look.

Hinge points in brackets could be on a curve or triangle pattern to allow the frames to lay flat against the wall.

Keep an index so that a moments notice you can flip to a specific poster/map/...

You have my permission to market that product. I am too old to bother with marketing. 😊

Ben

Ben

Well, I have enough on my plate without making more work for myself, but I appreciate the thought... what I'll do is put up the posters and wall art I have in these various rooms, then donate whatever is left, lol. Good news is that I'm running low on large posters, so I may be able to use the smaller stuff to fill in the gaps and be done with the job. I have some very nice smaller framed pieces, and there's still quite a bit of room in this home... haven't even gotten to the third bedroom, kitchen or bathrooms yet. Once I'm done painting the kitchen & bathrooms, many of the smaller pieces will go up in those rooms, just because I like visual art---less clutter in the 3D sense, lol. Anyway, here are some shots from today's decorating shift:

IMG_7641.JPG

A lighthouse in the master bathroom, which I haven't even started renovating yet... I only include this so y'all understand that nautical decor figures prominently in my home, lol. I think this was once a cookie jar, but it's just decor now.

IMG_7642.JPG

Butcher block table below gives a false impression of a corner, while the photo angle is also tricky... these three posters are roughly the same size and evenly spaced on one wall of the north bedroom.

IMG_7643.JPG

One of my favorite Med posters... what a cool venue for an outdoor concert, set up a stage in that open area in the middle of the cove, lol. I have fun asking visitors which boat they'd choose out of this lot... I like the dark blue hull with the enclosed wheelhouse, even though the rig is NOT that tall. That wheelhouse would be cozy & warm in bad weather, lol.

IMG_7644.JPG

Reminiscent of Cabo, but this is on the Med... whoever's aboard that boat has the right idea, sippin' ice-cold beverages in the shade instead of broiling under the sun, lol. I remember going to beaches like this as a kid, the water was toasty warm and we'd have a blast, but we'd all get sunburnt and the VW Bus was a sandy mess on the way home, lol.

IMG_7645.JPG

Too bad there's some window glare on this one, it's also a favorite of mine. I have fun asking guests which place they'd choose as a dwelling. The fortress is rad, but I like that little walled compound immediately above the nearest cove. That downhill run from the fort to the water would be insane on a tricked-out Powerlite Cruiser, lol. Look at those hairpin curves!

IMG_7646.JPG

Nice poster here, I wanna say Delphi ruins... where the oracle once hung out and dispensed advice, lol. Probably for a fee, nothing changes when it comes to consultations, aye? I like the tourist gal sitting at the base of the column, possibly reading a guidebook... maybe THE ODYSSEY, lol. Ah, yes, those were the good ol' days for this kid, exploring ruins like these...

IMG_7647.JPG

Found this 'Maine Lighthouses' tile in one box, the rest of the lighthouse tiles & plates may be farther down, lol. Nice tile, I like the simple earthy colors, sometimes less is more, lol.

IMG_7648.JPG

I gotta straighten out this Charles Russell print before I hang it, it has been knocked around in the box during relocation. Charles Russell was a great Western artist, he did over 2000 paintings of cowboys, Injuns, landscapes, etc., as well as some sculptures in bronze. He lived and breathed the frontier, including the Old West, and his art is timeless.

IMG_7649.JPG

Back to the nautical scene with 'Breezing Up' by Winslow Homer, another bad@$$ artist. This one will go somewhere special, same as the Russell print, so folks can see 'em, ya know? Every time I glance at the nautical art or lighthouse decor in my home, I'm reminded of heller sailing voyages, some of the best times of my life.

IMG_7650.JPG

A wooden box for jewelry or whatever, I think we bought this in Spain... it has knocked around some over the decades, so some of the inlaid pieces are MIA, but it's still cool. It's already atop the bureau or dresser in my room, where it usually goes. For being half a century old, it's not in bad shape, lol. Okay, I'm done for today... y'all be good, HASTA LUEGO!!! :cool:

Well, I have enough on my plate without making more work for myself, but I appreciate the thought... what I'll do is put up the posters and wall art I have in these various rooms, then donate whatever is left, lol. Good news is that I'm running low on large posters, so I may be able to use the smaller stuff to fill in the gaps and be done with the job. I have some very nice smaller framed pieces, and there's still quite a bit of room in this home... haven't even gotten to the third bedroom, kitchen or bathrooms yet. Once I'm done painting the kitchen & bathrooms, many of the smaller pieces will go up in those rooms, just because I like visual art---less clutter in the 3D sense, lol. Anyway, here are some shots from today's decorating shift:

View attachment 88487

A lighthouse in the master bathroom, which I haven't even started renovating yet... I only include this so y'all understand that nautical decor figures prominently in my home, lol. I think this was once a cookie jar, but it's just decor now.

View attachment 88488

Butcher block table below gives a false impression of a corner, while the photo angle is also tricky... these three posters are roughly the same size and evenly spaced on one wall of the north bedroom.

View attachment 88489

One of my favorite Med posters... what a cool venue for an outdoor concert, set up a stage in that open area in the middle of the cove, lol. I have fun asking visitors which boat they'd choose out of this lot... I like the dark blue hull with the enclosed wheelhouse, even though the rig is NOT that tall. That wheelhouse would be cozy & warm in bad weather, lol.

View attachment 88490

Reminiscent of Cabo, but this is on the Med... whoever's aboard that boat has the right idea, sippin' ice-cold beverages in the shade instead of broiling under the sun, lol. I remember going to beaches like this as a kid, the water was toasty warm and we'd have a blast, but we'd all get sunburnt and the VW Bus was a sandy mess on the way home, lol.

View attachment 88491

Too bad there's some window glare on this one, it's also a favorite of mine. I have fun asking guests which place they'd choose as a dwelling. The fortress is rad, but I like that little walled compound immediately above the nearest cove. That downhill run from the fort to the water would be insane on a tricked-out Powerlite Cruiser, lol. Look at those hairpin curves!

View attachment 88495

Nice poster here, I wanna say Delphi ruins... where the oracle once hung out and dispensed advice, lol. Probably for a fee, nothing changes when it comes to consultations, aye? I like the tourist gal sitting at the base of the column, possibly reading a guidebook... maybe THE ODYSSEY, lol. Ah, yes, those were the good ol' days for this kid, exploring ruins like these...

View attachment 88497

Found this 'Maine Lighthouses' tile in one box, the rest of the lighthouse tiles & plates may be farther down, lol. Nice tile, I like the simple earthy colors, sometimes less is more, lol.

View attachment 88498

I gotta straighten out this Charles Russell print before I hang it, it has been knocked around in the box during relocation. Charles Russell was a great Western artist, he did over 2000 paintings of cowboys, Injuns, landscapes, etc., as well as some sculptures in bronze. He lived and breathed the frontier, including the Old West, and his art is timeless.

View attachment 88499

Back to the nautical scene with 'Breezing Up' by Winslow Homer, another bad@$$ artist. This one will go somewhere special, same as the Russell print, so folks can see 'em, ya know? Every time I glance at the nautical art or lighthouse decor in my home, I'm reminded of heller sailing voyages, some of the best times of my life.

View attachment 88500

A wooden box for jewelry or whatever, I think we bought this in Spain... it has knocked around some over the decades, so some of the inlaid pieces are MIA, but it's still cool. It's already atop the bureau or dresser in my room, where it usually goes. For being half a century old, it's not in bad shape, lol. Okay, I'm done for today... y'all be good, HASTA LUEGO!!! :cool:
Wingnut, you have some great treasures. You have a reason and story for each one. Thank you for sharing.

You're welcome... these things I have in my home bring back good memories, and those memories sure beat all the negative BS and grief happening today. Some might say I'm living in the past, but the past looks a sight better than this modern political scene, that's for sure. Now I know why all the geezers miss "the good ol' days"---compared to this Biden socialist circus, those days were indeed paradise. I'm not sure what today's kids will look back upon... they'll have no "good ol' days" to use as a yardstick. :oops:

Store run today for some of the cheaper double-stick tape, I have an idea for dressing up that flag chart... should look cool once I'm done. :cool:

Latest posts

Back