Homemade Deer Sausages - DONE

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain belly

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Mettwurst, Knockwurst, German Bologna, Jalapeno & Cheese Salami, Cheese & Garlic Summer Sausage, and Jerky. It's been a productive deer season!

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.40.59 AM.png

My daughter just ate her first deer sausage a couple months ago. SIL was given some by his freind and gave them some. They both really liked it.

Making sausages is one of the best parts when processing our moose. Brats, Italian, sweet Italian, add jalapeño peppers to some extra onions to others.
And using wild game is great. We generally add pork suet 30-35% . I would like to try using berries such as highbush cranberries in the mix.

It's that time of year, when I start thinking about what sausage I'm going to make. One thing is for certain.......... buy the ingredients and supplies early!

It's that time of year, when I start thinking about what sausage I'm going to make. One thing is for certain.......... buy the ingredients and supplies early!
Capt. somewhere on this forum is a thread that has some meat processing resources. I will try to remember to hunt then remember where I'm typing now to let you know :rolleyes: 😂 (This is why I tell you - I might get lost on my way back.) I know one book we have is Home Sausage Making.

Reactions: Neb
Back