Homesteader's Nine Patch BOW Quiltalong

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meant to say double sided quilt.
Just make the same size blocks for the second top.

I still do t think I could get them basted square to each other. I have a hard enough time getting a plain backing straight enough for my OCD. It's a really neat idea, and I'd like to try it sometime. I could just see me sitting there for hours trying to get it lined up perfect o_O

I place right sides together, batting on top.
Sew all around,leave space to turn right side out.
When turned the right sides out, binding is done too.
Then just close opening.
They have a name for this method, but I can't remember it.
I finished each quilt top seperately too.

The top is FINALLY done!!!!
:woo hoo::dancing:
IMG_20180426_141258.jpg

Greeneyes, those colors are so rich and your quilt is a real beauty! You're going to enjoy that one for many years to come. :)

I've been busy quilting and working on different UFOs. I'm hoping this will be a very productive summer. I haven't checked back with Angie so I don't know what the status is on a swap. Is there much interest in doing one? With everything else I have going on, I've stopped taking part in them.

For those interested in the quiltalong I mentioned before, I don't expect to start that before September. It looks like it will only take five steps to complete it and I'm thinking I would do one installment every two weeks. I haven't counted it out on a calendar but I think we'd be finished with it by Thanksgiving. This is a quilt that I've wanted to make for quite a while so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm working on next granddaughter quilt. . . Only 1 block done in over a week's time.8 more to get cut and pieced. Already picking in the garden and nursing two goat babes that mom totally rejected. Yep this is my life right now. . . :)

Thank you so much Katie. This was fun and refreshing for me to make! I went to get my backing fabric tonight with my 20% off coupon. No more peacock feathers!!!:cry: The store manager found some at another store, but I decided on a different backing. It was her favorite fabric too! I also found out that are hiring, and very flexible in their hours. I told her right now I could do close every other weekend, and she said perfect, go on line and apply!!!

As far as swaps or sew alongs, BIG changes coming my way soon! Starting with school on Monday:eek: The later the better for me probably. I haven't even started seeds for my garden yet, I went back to work Friday :( I have 3 kittens at the barn that will be 4 weeks old Sunday. I would really like to finish a quilt or 2 and try selling them for some extra funds, but I don't see that happening. I swear I need 6 of me. I attached a pic of my backing fabric choice. The colors do go really well. Pic didn't show colors real well. The blues and greens are a good match and I don't think it's basically loud as the peacock feathers would have been.
IMG_20180512_215950.jpg
IMG_20180512_215950.jpg

Dani, I wonder if it would be easier for you to hand piece your blocks. When you're as busy as you are now, sitting at the sewing machine takes up more of your time. If you have your pieces cut and in a basket by your chair, whenever you have a little time to sit and relax you can just pick up some pieces and stitch them together. You'd be surprised how quickly those blocks get made and it's kind of soothing. I don't remember if you told us what pattern you're using but some of my favorite quilts were those that I hand pieced.

Greeneyes, that fabric looks perfect for your backing! I haven't done anything about a garden either. I think I'm just going to get a few tomato plants at Home Depot and put them in big pots. That way they're already half way grown. If I can just have fresh tomatoes and green beans, I can get by with everything else being canned or frozen. We all have our quirks. ;)

Latest posts

Back