Homesteader's paradise in Colombia, South america

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace1203

New Friend
Neighbor
Hello from our 100 acre farm here in Colombia. We are new to this forum. We are an Expat, homeschooling, homesteading family of 7, that has farmed all over Colombia for the last 4 years. We have cows, chickens, guinea hens, turkeys, pigs, tilipia fish, fruit trees and we are starting our year round garden.
We are developing some of our land here to build a little vacation/farm community. We have land available to sell off acres to other families who may be interested in this unique lifestyle of tropical homesteading. No building restrictions, Year round growing season, 60-85 degrees weather all year long, cheap living, abundant water, vibrant friendly locals... What's not to love. Let me know if anyone has questions about homesteading in Colombia.

Attachments

• IMG-20210321-WA0035.jpg
    IMG-20210321-WA0035.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-20210321-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20210321-WA0037.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-20210322-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20210322-WA0017.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG-20210322-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20210322-WA0014.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 61
Welcome from Alaska! I spent some time in Columbia on a few occasions in the 1980s courtesy of the US Army. I love the countryside and most of the folks I interacted with. The pictures are just like I recall!

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. We have rattlesnakes, cougar and bear around here and I know that others here are probably dealing with copperheads and cottonmouth, so we have things that are poisonous to deal with, seems to me that Australia has more dangerous creatures than Columbia may have to be concerned with and at one time I considered to moving to Australia, turns out because of the so called C-19 stuff, the authorities are more dangerous than whatever poisonous creatures they have there, anyway keep us apprised of what you are doing, if we were younger we might consider checking out your offer, starting over with bare land at 79 could be a tad too much. Anyway, glad you're here, this site has tons of very good info and good people willing to share what they know.

Bieenveneetoes, from Lost Angeles, Zommiefornia! :rolleyes:

Have a good friend down in yer southern neighbor, Ecuador (Quito) and have only been thru 'San Miguel', briefly, on a Client meeting with him, but.. Yeah, it's Beautiful, and Very Fertile and lush there (much like Ecuador..) Wish we could bring our 'boom sticks', I have toyed with the idea of moving us down, in the past..

Anyhoo, looking forward to leyendo tus cuentas.. :)

jd

I would be interested in hearing about the tilapia. Is it an indoor operation or an outdoor tank or pond? My old neighbor's kid started a commercial tilapia farm. It's a large operation, with tens of thousands of fish. I'd like to.hear how it's done on a smaller scale...

Oh, and welcome from Iowa!
About 24 minute into this

https://abc.com/tv/shows/doomsday-p...2/episode-17-gonna-be-a-big-bang/vdka13977059
We are 8ntroduced to kevin Barbet (Costa rica Prepper) that packed a shipping container and moved to Costa Rica.

In this video he sets up the hydroponics.

There was more from kevin but I cant find it.

Ben

I have been to Central America, not a place I want to live. I did like the red beans & rice for breakfast, with coffee that was so strong could slap your face.
I never been south of Managua, Nicaragua.
Welcome to the forum, look forward to your insight on South American living.

Latest posts

Back