Homesteading Radio Net

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dademoss

What I specialized in is oboslete
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Any interest in a short periodic HF net for members here? I have talked with kd4ulw on HF. By necessity, it will have to be HF, but 10 meters is opening more often,

If we want to set something up, chime in here. we will call CQ at a set time and frequency, if a net happens, it could be fun and informative.

That sounds like fun - I'm in.

I suppose we need to see what antenna limitations this group has. With my End-Fed Long Wire I can do all of HF.

As @dademoss said, the Solar Cycle is hopping now so every band is an option. Those of us that are closer to each other might do well on 40 Meters or 75 during the evening. 20 to 10 Meters during daylight for those cross-country, but I don’t get home from work weekdays until 4 pm eastern. A month ago I was getting Alaska, Hawaii and most of stateside on 40 after dark during a contest.

Most stations probably have limitations on 160, I can do it but it’s S-9 noise and pretty rough going so that’s probably not going to be an option.

My main HF antenna got hit with a big branch in a recent wind storm, so my 160-10m is out of commission. But my G5RVjr is still up and I can do 40, 30, 20 and 10m.

This is something I know nothing about. Perhaps this is a good time to learn about it, how it works, what equipment a person needs.

I wonder if we need a thread that is just about HF and helping us less technical people learn about it. Or do you want to include it in here? I suggest a separate thread, but I'll let the people with more expertise decide.

HF= High Frequency?

@Weedygarden i think a separate thread probably would be better. But yes, HF is High Frequency…which was high at the time it was named. 🙂
I think this is a better idea, for a separate thread, and I think this is a great overall idea. Links to videos, equipment, etc. for all of us who know nothings, and maybe step by step help for us on the low end of this!

Latest posts

Back