Honeymoon pictures - Anyone still got 'em?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
hm.jpg

No. We never had a honeymoon either since we were too busy working. We did spend our wedding night in a suite at a local lodge that our friends 'gussied' up for us. It was really nice and I'll never forget it. Hubby was nothing short of a white knight on our wedding day........he treated me like a queen the whole day. He still treats me well, but that day was just exceptional. I think (after about 25 years) I'm gonna keep him.:heart:

We've had some nice vacations since then, so it all worked out.

Ha that was 40 yrs ago. Don't even know what box those would be in. Especially after boxes of photos from 5 children and 8 grandchildren, and just that long of living.
We had a fun honeymoon, though. We were married in California where we lived at the time...Santa Cruz. Toured the California missions, took our time, went as far as Mendocino.

We went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon. My parents paid our airfare and 10 days (?) in a hotel as our wedding present. I believe that came to about $1000 total if I remember. My aunt gave us an additional $1000 for "other expenses". We had money left over when we returned.

Compare that to the PER NIGHT cost at the Hilton in Hawaii about three weeks ago - that was over $1000 (just the room, which was nothing special - the grounds were very nice though).

First one pics are long gone. Thank the Lord. 2nd, no idea where pics are 38 years ago and several moves. I was in school and both working. No honeymoon till 4 years later in the Outer Banks. That trip was special and still one of our favorite trips
I too, had to burn the pics from the first one...
There was a lot of 'total nudity+' back in the "Polaroid days" :rolleyes:.

We didn't exactly have a honeymoon. We got married in city hall in Manhattan, in Jan 94. My camera film didn't wind so I have no photos :( one of the few things in life I regret.
In May 94 we took a bike trip as part of a group down to the Tennessee/ North Carolina region, camping in Deals Gap. This is the only photo of us together, I was too busy photographing everyone else lol.

Attachments

• WIN_20230205_11_36_27_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230205_11_36_27_Pro.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
We didn't exactly have a honeymoon. We got married in city hall in Manhattan, in Jan 94. My camera film didn't wind so I have no photos :( one of the few things in life I regret.
In May 94 we took a bike trip as part of a group down to the Tennessee/ North Carolina region, camping in Deals Gap. This is the only photo of us together, I was too busy photographing everyone else lol.
Ahh, been to Deals Gap a time or two, "Tail of the Dragon" :

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap with 318 curves in 11 miles: America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.​

:)

I can be on the dragon in maybe 20 to 30 minutes from our house. Beautiful area

Latest posts

Back