How are you and your's celebrating July 4th?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We grill out, but now that daughter is married & son works all the time, not sure. DW & I may go with friends to a BBQ pit.

Probably stay home with the dog. Or go with the "kids" to our local fireworks in town. Usually packed, lots of traffic and more and more out-of-towners & out-of-staters have moved in so I imagine the crowd will be worse than usual. A birthday to celebrate too...
I am not too experienced at the coals and grill so maybe give that a try again this year with chicken.
Wait, @Pearl you think it'll rain here?
Word on the street is that anywhere ya go it is going to be busy and crowded. "Everybody" is breaking out. I'm not into the crowds and traffic.

I'll be spending the next three-plus days on Lake Ontario enjoying family, friends, great food and drink, and some spectacular fireworks.

Probably stay home with the dog. Or go with the "kids" to our local fireworks in town. Usually packed, lots of traffic and more and more out-of-towners & out-of-staters have moved in so I imagine the crowd will be worse than usual. A birthday to celebrate too...
I am not too experienced at the coals and grill so maybe give that a try again this year with chicken.
Wait, @Pearl you think it'll rain here?
Word on the street is that anywhere ya go it is going to be busy and crowded. "Everybody" is breaking out. I'm not into the crowds and traffic.
I am really into the weather, think we may get wet! I don't do crowds. I'll watch the local fireworks😁

I'll be at work. When not there I will be at work, at home. I have shoveled more mulch and wood chips in the past 2 days than I care to. Its done except for multiple yards too much that need to be relocated. I suspect fireworks and beer will be found and enjoyed during this time.

I'll be at work. When not there I will be at work, at home. I have shoveled more mulch and wood chips in the past 2 days than I care to. Its done except for multiple yards too much that need to be relocated. I suspect fireworks and beer will be found and enjoyed during this time.
Yay!

Camping, grilling, floating the river, drinking cold beverages, playing yard games, and sitting around the campfire telling stories with friends and family. No fireworks b/c the pups don't like them. But, we'll throw some colored flame packets into the fire. I've got my favorite patriotic T-shirts ready to roll for the entire weekend. I'm truly blessed and very much looking forward to the weekend! 🇺🇸

No idea, until I saw this thread it hadn't even occurred to me. I saw the weather, supposed to be sunny, plenty of dogs, burger and Conecuh sausage in the freezer. I do need to go to town tomorrow, guess I'll get some buns and a melon while there.

It will be a routine weekend for us. On the 4th, we climb up on our roof and watch all the area fireworks. Our town's are right in front of us, but we can see at least 20 or more different displays around the Denver metro area and surrounding towns. We are up on a hill above everything (except the mountains to the west) with a great view in all directions.

I don't. I treat all holidays and festivals the same. Although I get along with people, I prefer to be my reclusive self, and avoid crowds and large groups. Even in a group I feel alone. If I were younger and in better health I would be so far up in the mountains they would have to pipe in the sunshine.

I am looking forward to a long weekend. I wish it were quiet, but that is almost impossible on Fourth of July. I am not a fireworks fan. I have seen enough to last a lifetime. They are all the same to me.

Although I get along with people, I prefer to be my reclusive self, and avoid crowds and large groups. Even in a group I feel alone.

I can relate.

Most likely just hangin' out here. Barbecue chicken on Sat. with macaroni salad and potato salad.

I may start Sunday off with a range trip to celebrate our freedom while we still can. After that will be baby back ribs, vidalia onions cooked slowly in foil on the grill and finish up grilling with some fresh asparagus on the grill and most likely left overs from the salads.

While I torture myself sitting out there smelling the ribs cook a beer or three may appear.

We usually stick around here after dark because of the fireworks. Neither of my Malinois like them, being naturally high strung as they are.

Barbeque and Beverages and Laughs up on North Hill with most of the clan that remains in Vermont. 10 or 12 of us maybe. Going to be some rain around, but that's OK, we need some.

I will be working. I have to be up at 4am on the 4th and at work before 6am so I doubt I'll feel like doing any celebrating. I might raise a glass to Old Glory early in the evening but I'll probably be in bed before the sun goes down...
I'll probably raise a glass to Old Glory too - and then to you and all the rest of my friends here.

Started some fireworks early this evening. Last night for youngest daughter, she flies home to Tucson tomorrow. Grandson's last night tomorrow night before going to Boy Scout camp, so we'll do some more tomorrow night. And then there's the 4th and we'll do some more. Our dogs really don't care, and neither do the cats. But the roosters didn't like the noise and made all kinds of racket making sure the hens were in the henhouse. Rooster ptsd.
Cousin has decided to do mexican food (amish mexican food, which is kinda different) on the 4th. So we'll go over there for dinner and bring the guac, and do the fireworks after at home because I know all their cows will not like it.

Latest posts

Back