How did I save money today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking around for new Internet service.
Mediacom plan will almost double if not triple in price when Government program runs out of money by May.
Now I pay $30 after 30th of April it will be $97 plus taxes just at 115.
Nope can't do it.
And even if I could I wouldn't to much for crap service here in my part of Missouri.
So I am shopping around for better service plan.
So it might be back to the library for me until I can find something I can afford.

Checking around for new Internet service.
Mediacom plan will almost double if not triple in price when Government program runs out of money by May.
Now I pay $30 after 30th of April it will be $97 plus taxes just at 115.
Nope can't do it.
And even if I could I wouldn't to much for crap service here in my part of Missouri.
So I am shopping around for better service plan.
So it might be back to the library for me until I can find something I can afford.
Do you have a Pocket i-net? $49/mo

Do you have a Pocket i-net? $49/mo
No, never heard of them.
I checked on TMobile 5G Internet this afternoon for $50 a month.
300 mbs, unlimited date and texts,wireless.
But as of right now it's only on part of my town.
But someone is digging and running cables a couple of blocks from me.
Also checked on United Fiber this afternoon.
500 mbs(will come in handy for school), unlimited data, wireless
Am leaning towards them for $60 a month.
Mediacom will have plan comparable to what I have now but it is a downgrade in services.
100 mbs, metered and they decide length not me. bare bones basic for $39.96
Google Fiber is in Excelsior Springs Missouri next big town over coming towards me.
But not here yet.
Placed my self on the waiting list.

I used to do coupons long ago. I'll still use them if my wife hands me one & tells me to buy it. But really I don't do them any more. Now I more or less just save money on things that we buy. My last 2 "buys" were both vacuums. I bought a shark pet something or other & a black & decker battery one. Both we needed to upgrade & I looked at a lot of reviews on each. They were both replacements for our Dyson battery vacuum which died after 2 years. It was good but for the price & now long it lasted I wouldn't buy another. The shark does just as good at the dyson. The b&D does almost as good but I bought it on sale for $97 compared to the $399 for the dyson. For that difference I love the B&D. Also the battery lasts longer (about double). And of course I caught the Shark on sale for $50 off. Mostly I just figure out the best items for the price for things we need.

Today I paid my car rego over 3 weeks early.

I paid a month and a half worth the instalments on my tax bill ahead of time.

I brought a lot of meat to stock my freezer at sale prices.

Filled up the car with petrol at the lowest priced station in town so I can
make it to the surgeon's visit in the big smoke in 2 weeks time.

The next month is going to be rugged so I got ahead on most of the big bills
and made sure I had enough food to last well over a month without shopping again.
I saved money online because my internet was down all morning and I couldn't go onto Amazon.

:p

@MoBookworm1957 i have the Verizon 5G internet, similar to T-Mobile you looked into. Works well for me, I’m sure both have those ‘enter your address to see if you are in the coverage area’ part of their websites.
Verizon 5G Internet isn't in my neighborhood as of yet.
But thank you for the information.

Staying home.
Window shopping for baking supplies:
Tartlet pans miniature metal pans(those stay at my house) found 25 for less than 41 cents each.
Wal*Mart. com, they will be here 8 April,2024.
Foil tarlet pans 100 for $1.24 also Wal*Mart .com will be here 11 April 2024.
These I use to make miniature pot pies, miniature fruit pies for the freezer.
Also use these for miniature quiche,scrambled eggs for breakfast sandwiches for the freezer.

Paid off my school with my tax check so I don't have to spend half my paycheck on it until I graduate.

Latest posts

Back