How did I save money today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shoe size is a pain. I wear a 10, so that's not bad to find. Not a great selection of 10's, but they do exist on the shelves. Granddaughter wears an 11. Easier to find on line or a man's tennis shoe.
I have a very tall, thin daughter who is leggy. It's always been hard to find pants that fit her like pants, and not capris.
I'm only 5 ft 5 in.
My pet peeve right now is finding blouses that are the right length. They are either made way too short, or way too long. The long ones apparently are made to wear over yoga pants. Except they are not that long to be a short dress. But I don't wear yoga pants.

Day 4 of not spending any money today.

Almost 5'69" tall but I have very long arms and legs and an a bit leggy like your daughter @Amish Heart. I also have trouble getting pants to fit me in the length. I wear a size 9 but a wide fitting in shoes and tend to buy unisex work boots or men's as they are wider. You can't really tell the difference in them anyway as they only come in two colours. Likewise I buy the men's work/garden shirts as they are longer in the body, sleeves and wider in the shoulders and they fit me better and are far cheaper than the women's ones. Who wants a pretty pink or purple work shirt when you are getting covered in dirt and grease anyway.

I'm the opposite in size.
I'm 5'5" getting comfortable in misses size 12-14 shirts and pants.
But shoes on the other hand is bit different.
Big boys 4.5, ladies 6-6.5.
Lean toward big boys 4.5 more durable.
It is so nice to be able to finally buy off the shelf.
Went from size 28 plus size to misses size 12-14 in 5 years is wonderful.
Spending a little bit of money today.
Buying clothes for grand daughter for fall and winter.
A friend is cleaning out her grand daughter's clothes sizes 3-4 some 5's and shoes, coats and such.
They are getting ready for back to school shopping need the room.
So hopefully will purchase some of these nice quality clothes for Grand daughter.
Have budget set for $27, that's all I can afford right now.
We'll see what happens.

Had to buy a new coffee maker as ours died this morning ( before coffee too! :eek:) Weird thing is it was killing the breaker. We flipped the breaker back and I plugged it in and the breaker went again so we said forget it. Time for a new one
Glad we have a small backup to use in case of emergencies. Myself I can make do with extra caffeinated tea but hubby wants his coffee ( so spoiled I swear)

Very true @lonewolf most people do have a massive amount of debt and a lot on credit cards. We pay for everything with our debit card using our own money or in cold hard cash. If we can't afford it we don't buy it.
same here, I use cash for small purchases and debit card for larger, online purchases go on the credit card (which dosent leave the house) which is paid off in full at the end of each month, if I cant pay for it I don't buy it, we have no debts of any kind.

@lonewolf we are paying off our home here but apart from that have no debt and we are paying nearly double mortgage payments each month.
yes that's what I did the only time I ever owned a house, lost it in divorce number one. 40 years ago.

Today is/will be day 2 of no spending. My goal is to make it to the end of the month. We have what bills will allow it, charged to the credit card so we are essentially getting an extra 1% off our bills. We pay it in full each month. Right now, our credit card balance is the lowest it's been for some time (at this point in the month.) If I can keep to no spending until the end of the month, it will be our lowest CC bill in months! Will have to let you know if I succeed or fail.

Day 7 of not spending any money today.

Paid an extra $175 mortgage payment off the home today and we are now paying the monthly mortgage interest in advance. Go team @timmie cheering you on.

@LadyLocust that is fabulous that your credit card balance is the lowest it has been for a while and keep up the great work. If we put charges on the credit card we pay it before we incur interest too.

Any time you pay extra on a mortgage you should specify that it goes on the principle. That saves you about three times what you pay at the time in interest of the span of your payments.

Back to day 1 of spending no money today. Last night I purchased a stainless steel bench and trolley for the kitchen.

@SheepDog I wish we could do that in Australia but there is no option to pay any payments off the principal of a home loan here. Here it kind of works like this that anything over and above your normal mortgage payments each month goes off the principal and interest jointly. We are currently paying just over an additional months payments each month along with our normal mortgage payment.

I will say, depending upon how you look at it, today was day 4 of no spending or I broke. I had to get my fish some water. It was a few bucks and I paid cash. He's just a fish, but I can't leave him in grodey water for another week because I'm on a no spend kick. I just suck out the icky stuff and fill it back up with fresh water so he gets partial water changes about once a week.
Anyhoo, still no more on credit card or anything like that, just a tad lighter in the wallet.

Latest posts

Back