How did I save money today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our daughters have the same problem with height, especially when buying jeans. I'm a short 5 ft 5in, not short enough for petite sizes unless I'm barefoot. The governor announced June 1 for restaurants and other places, so maybe in a week and a half. I am saving lots of money not spending any, though. Ha.

Our daughters have the same problem with height, especially when buying jeans. I'm a short 5 ft 5in, not short enough for petite sizes unless I'm barefoot. The governor announced June 1 for restaurants and other places, so maybe in a week and a half. I am saving lots of money not spending any, though. Ha.
Sorry Amish, but you ain't short. My wife is 4'10".

Are your girls tall Senytry? Grandkids are taller than my kids except fro my one of my daughters is 5'8". Other one is just 5'2".Son is 6' like his dad was.

My wife is 5'8" and our two oldest daughters are both about 5'10". I guess I never really considered them tall.

My wife is 5'8" and our two oldest daughters are both about 5'10". I guess I never really considered them tall.

I would consider them tall. One grand daughter the taller daughters kid is a little over 6' not enough to add an inch,well last time I heard anyway a few years ago.Grand sons are all taller than my generation was.One is 6'5" others all over 6 '..

Sorry Amish Heart,
You're not short, my middle sister is barely 5 foot.
And that's with stretching her neck out like a turtle.
Otherwise she's 4'10".

Didn't save any money this payday around. Spent $117 today on groceries by stocking up on things now that more is appearing on the shelves
Heading to get meat tomorrow so I'll be spending more then also, but we gotta eat *shrugs*

Hubby has rented a lift to cut back some pine trees that have grown to over hanging the house and the one garage. The guy rented it to him all weekend for one day's rent. $215. Otherwise it would've cost $645 saving us $430.

Hubby asked him how business was and he said not as well as before the quarantine. He's getting " Harry Homeowners" to rent his stuff but not the big construction companies yet. Guess thats where the money is at.
Hubby offered to pay him the full 3 day amount but he wouldn't take it.

A number of businesses are like that with him. He's thrown a lot of business to them over the last 20 years with his job at the hospital so I guess they want to reciprocate with discounts of one type or another.

Got to day 6 of not spending any money and then broke to get a few needed things for the home Saturday night on the internet.

Back to day 2 of not spending any money today.

Have been slowly putting more money in the 3 month living expenses emergency fund and am 64.77% of the way there.

Car goes in for handbrake caliper rebuild on Thursday so anywhere up to $500 to pay for that but at least I will have a working handbrake in my car. Apparently it was a well known manufacturing fault with my model of car.

Didn't save any money this payday around. Spent $117 today on groceries by stocking up on things now that more is appearing on the shelves
Heading to get meat tomorrow so I'll be spending more then also, but we gotta eat *shrugs*

WV DragonL we are about to order online a few things and have ot delivered since we pay for it monthly $14. And everytime we shop it gets more expensive. And can goods are either out or limited.I don't think dried beans are too pleniful either,and they really went up.

Groceries going up in price here too @Meerkat in leaps and bounds :( . Seems every time I put in a grocery order something on my list has risen in price.

Latest was cream gone up .15 c per 600 ml, cheese gone up 0.30c kg, tinned champignons up .20c per tin and meat prices have gone through the roof too. Doesn't sound like much but when you have multiple items it really pushes the grocery budget sky high.

I did save $21.10 on groceries on Saturday night by combining a $10 off promo code, with specials and a further 5% by buying our e-gift cards through our roadside assist club though.

Still able to get meat and things on low prices on markdowns and sales though but they seem fewer.

Last edited:
I scored this month on groceries.
The place I get my CSA boxes received vegetable truck they hadn't planned on.
So they called me to come and get my share .
So I did.
8 pounds of various apples, 3 pounds of Red Anjou pears, 4 pounds of Navel Oranges,2 packages of chopped figs,2 pounds of Spring Mix lettuces, 5 pounds of garden fresh green beans, 3 pounds of onions, 2 pounds of shallots,5 pounds of baby new potatoes, 4 tomatoes,2 packages of flatbread, 3 pound of provolone cheese,3 pounds of montery jack cheese, 3 pounds of sweet potatoes.
Working on getting fruits ready for dehydrator.

Last edited:
Back