How did you get to your homestead?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humming. Never thought about it
Does the Uk have distinct regional accents ?
We have 4 or 5 different southern accents in the south along with Ebonics. If that is a language? And it is different regionally also

Ben

I started saving and investing for property and timberland before I was a teenager. Bought my first house at 19. I worked up from a ranch hand to a welder/fabricator, mechanic and eventually retired as a VP for an oil company at 57.
During these years I bought hundreds of acres of ranch, farm, timberland and mining properties. Since the kids had no interest in what we're doing we've sold most of this land. So now only have a few hundred acres left. That's enough for us at this time in our life. Our property in an inholding, meaning our property is completely inside the national forest.

Sold a payed for house, moved to montana and developed a piece of mountain, Had it pretty well set up with garden, water and shelter both above and below ground.
Burned out in a forest fire, now set up for our declining years just outside a town with a a fairly defendable home, garden, water and chickens.
We just keep doing what it takes to be self reliant no matter the other happenings in life.

Latest posts

Back