How do you file: A merchant dispute with credit card co.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Any recent information or recent experience with this..?? I have done this in the past, however I just read the current conditions which appear to have drastically changed. Now it appears the purchase must have been made from a merchant with-in 100 miles of my home. Kind'a cute, given that this is an Amazon Credit Card (joint venture with Chase Bank).

The one and only time I had to I just called the issuing bank, within 24 hours I had my money back.

The one and only time I had to I just called the issuing bank, within 24 hours I had my money back.
I have had success in the past, "NOW" it say's purchase must have been made with-in 100 miles of my home.

Now it appears the purchase must have been made from a merchant with-in 100 miles of my home

Is there an Amazon distribution center within that 100 miles? That 'might' qualify

Any recent information or recent experience with this..?? I have done this in the past, however I just read the current conditions which appear to have drastically changed. Now it appears the purchase must have been made from a merchant with-in 100 miles of my home. Kind'a cute, given that this is an Amazon Credit Card (joint venture with Chase Bank).
It's easy. Credit card company: they are out their money.
You simply don't pay them.
Pay every dime, but not the disputed charge.
You would be amazed how much 'motivation' springs up after that:).

Try 2,000 miles Seattle, WA.
Don't get drawn into trying to fix 'their problem'.:mad:
They have the upper hand in this, and can always tell the merchant:
"If you don't fix this, we will revoke your ability to accept our card":waiting:.
That will not be allowed to happen, trust me! :oops:

Not recently but had a massive major one once some years ago. Got ripped off by Alitalia airlines for about $4000 worth of plane tickets. We went to the airport and they told us the tickets are no good because the credit card company did not pay for them. They did and i had the credit card statement PLUS the boarding pass! They didn't care and didn't let us on the plane. Worst travel experience ever, and it was my daughter's highschool graduation trip to Italy.
The credit card company did not want to refund the money either at first, because I bought the tickets, they paid the tickets. But after several months of arguing , emails and phone calls, the credit card company finally gave me a credit for the tickets. Alitalia never did squat and I will never ever visit Italy or fly with them , even if they gave me a free trip now.
My advice, be persistent, and contact the highest person you can find the name and phone number for or better yet address and send a certified letter. The credit card was a Citicard visa

Don't get drawn into trying to fix 'their problem'.:mad:
They have the upper hand in this, and can always tell the merchant:
"If you don't fix this, we will revoke your ability to accept our card":waiting:.
That will not be allowed to happen, trust me! :oops:
It is an AMAZON card issued by Chase Bank.

It is an AMAZON card issued by Chase Bank.
There's your problem. :(
Why would you get a "CC" from Amazon who is a merchant and not a bank?
Here's what my 2 Chase Bank CC's look like:
IMG_20230124_205528_kindlephoto-5005892801.jpg

YES, Tha black one. I get 5% back on Amazon purchases. Considering that 100% of everything I purchase comes from Amazon. It is lot each year. I buy roughly $7,000.00 per year.
This is just for humor only.
I takes a talented person to tie Tennessee Ernie Ford, Southpark, and Amazon all together...
Fortunately, y'all have me 🤪 :thumbs: :

I've never seen any limitations here in Ireland- we are with MBNA. I've had two disputes, and both were sorted and the money returned immediately, and to be fair, once they didn't have to. (We have to pay for the US visa waiver, and the site I used was an incredibly good scam)
I've also found Amazon good to deal with- if you can't go directly to them, I would act dumb about limitations; it's their problem. They are providing a service, for all they know, you are blind and can't read the small print. Don't give up.

Latest posts

Back