How does "chicken & waffles" sound to you??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Seems like an unlikely combination to me, but what do I know!

https://www.wkrg.com/news/viral-new...waffles-on-menus-in-north-carolina/1268788915

Excerpt: "ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA) - KFC is testing - KFC is testing a new menu item: Chicken and waffles. The test launches Monday in North Carolina
The pairing will be in North Carolina stores until July 29 as part of the test.
KFC’s Chicken and Waffles come in a variety of options, including a $5 (tax extra) 2-piece basket, which comes with a choice of drum and thigh or two Extra Crispy tenders.
Customers can also add a side to any meal for an additional $1(tax extra)."

Ummm, NOPE!

I just will never understand how you get the chicken in the waffle iron to begin with.

This is not a new concept by any means. This has been a popular combination for quite a while. Many places serve this, and KFC is just capitalizing on it. I have never had this combo, I have just heard about it. There are many places in my area where you could order this.

Personally, if KFC sold spicy chicken, that would make them more popular. I think their menu has been the same forever. Before my daughter was diagnosed with celiac, she ate LOTS of KFC. When we roadtripped, that was our go to fast food for her.

We had breakfast out last weekend and the teen boy at the next table ordered it. A big waffle with a large, fried, battered, boneless piece of chicken on top. Also went to a local brewery that served "soul food" (it was excellent) and they served their chicken and waffles pretty much the same.

Wont be good from KFC but it's not uncommon in the south. I had it from a food truck at a concert once and I swear it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I've looked and looked but haven't been able to find that outfit again much to my disappointment.

The chickens will eat the waffles and I will eat the chickens... chickens and waffles.
In reality it is just bread and meat. I make a great chicken crepe.

Will you put syrup or gravy on the waffles?

I'm one of those that have heard of it but never tried it.
Doesn't sound like something I would like.
The big news in town is we are getting a Popeye's chicken.
I like their spicy chicken and red beans and rice,
I don't eat out much, and I try to avoid fast food, but sometimes I am on the go and that is the best I can do.

I do like Popeye's spicy chicken, red beans and rice, and some of their other sides.

Back