• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

How hard is it for you to stay home for 2+ weeks?

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Me - not a problem in the least bit. I actually don't leave unless I have to. Everyone and everything I need is right here. It's very rural so there was never much socializing with neighbors (sans 1 family who are good friends). Worked at home for the last 18 years so never really left for work. Retired now. I find most people to be really annoying, mainly because they're oblivious or just don't care about anyone other then themselves.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm not that social. See friends a few times a year and most of my friends aren't overly social either. I leave the house to visit mail, food, gun store, hardware, bank, and doctors. Two weeks? I won't even break a sweat if it is two months.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
How hard is it for me in theory? Extremely easy. We have our groceries delivered, we have ample supplies, and if need be I could just shoot pellet guns in the basement for fun. In reality it's a whole other story. My wife is a social butterfly and drags me with her, my job pretty much forces me to be out and about all the time, and my kids are constantly on the go. Or they are when the Coronacalypse isn't happening.

bkt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not really a problem. The trick is keeping the cats off my work laptop (it's nice and warm). Also, the dog constantly wants to play. Apart from that, it's no hardship at all. I'm saving a lot of miles on my car. :)

I find most people to be really annoying, mainly because they're oblivious or just don't care about anyone other then themselves.
^^ THIS ^^

I never really regarded myself as a misanthrope, but people make it hard to like them sometimes.

zannej

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We don't get mail delivery, grocery delivery, trash pickup, etc out here so I have to run into town for errands and such. When my brother goes to work & isn't spending much time at home, it's easy to keep stocked up on food & stay in BUT when he's home he eats everything in site so supplies that should last weeks only last a couple days. I will likely have to make several trips to the store to replenish food supplies with the way he eats.
As for mail, it's best to go in once or twice a week so the box doesn't get jammed up with mail.

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
"How hard is it for you to stay home for 2+ weeks?"

I go to town once a week just because I don't like my truck setting too long without being driven.

I'm the type to prefer to live on a deserted island. Have to be a larger island, one that would take several years to explore...next best thing to Heaven.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Well after going to town today, I can do 2 weeks standing on my head. People were just really uneasy and others walking around with masks on, nope, I'm good.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We will see. It is mandatory we work from home for the next two weeks. Every activity that was scheduled has been cancelled. Wife is paranoid about getting the mail. Even found a way to have medication delivered, so we don't have to pick them up. I don't think she would leave the house if it was on fire. Let's discuss it again in two weeks.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Well, I can honestly say you could see the uneasy on most of whom I saw. I was joking around some with a few people trying to lighten the mood, a couple were receptive to it but most of them probably thought I was twisted.

After being in the Fire/EMS field for 15 years one tends to develop a weird sense of humor.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am an introvert, so no problem. I had many dog watching and house sitting jobs scheduled, and wisely, people have canceled, for which I am grateful! Two families had trips scheduled to Italy, of all places, in May. Airlines have canceled their trips!

There is a sewing meme going around on social media and many, many, people say they can stay home for a very long time with what supplies they have. Yep. I could stay home and sew for years. When we had our crafting group going, we had many donations made to the group, multiple carloads of stuff. We would take time to go through it and choose what we wanted. I got lots of fabric for free. I wanted to participate in the group to get projects done. I have many more now!

My genealogy writing instructor sent out an email today with this suggestion: "Since we are all writers, we can and should use this time to work on our projects. Set aside an hour a day for that work. Don't try to do too much. Set a schedule for several activities throughout the day including housekeeping, exercise, research, writing, computer or video games, movie night, etc. "

I think this is a great way to deal with life now, for me. I have curtains to sew. I just did some yard work. I have been working on my kitchen. I have lots that I can do there with re-organizing, purging, cleaning. I will keep at it with the cleaning and organizing.

LadyLocust

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Not a problem for me. When I was on the ranch, I would go to town once a month to deposit my check and pick up a few things. Sometimes it was more like 6 weeks before I made it in. I'm with @zoomzoom on this one - people usually just annoy me. I'm not antisocial, but I do prefer the company of genuine folks and in small numbers.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I don't know if I've ever stayed home for 2 weeks since I grew up. Always had to go to work. I'm gonna get a chance to see the next few weeks. We have 3 places to go tomorrow and that'll probably be it for us for now.

I don't think I'll mind, I don't care for crowds much, more like tolerate them when I have to. And yeah seems like many folks are on edge right now. Stress will do that to ya.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm retired so I stay home all the time unless I have an appointment.
I have supplies that I don't really need to go out.
Hubby is the one who gets disappointed if we can't go to the local diner for breakfast on saturdays lol

Hubby offered to self quarantine at work but they didn't take him up on it yet
He thinks it would be great to stay home

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Bamboo rope is one of the two best to use but cotton rope is softer though not nearly as strong.
Nylon is an inexpensive rope to start with and is strong enough for most situations.
Just remember that your partner should be completely satisfied and very tired before you untie them. Once untied hold them close and comfort them so they know you care and appreciate them. ;)

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
No way am I staying cooped up for two weeks. I would go bat **** crazy. You could find me here....

View attachment 37347
Looks like you're heading off to visit Sourdough. Be sure to shout out and let him know who you are. He doesn't like strangers visiting.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I got off the phone with the VA. I cancelled an appointment so I could stay in. The front desk personnel only have one N95 mask and they have to use it day after day.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am beginning to believe that you got your degree from watching music videos.

Some of them I listened to 50 or 60 years ago oo,but yes I do watch alot of music videos.. :thumbs:

They make me smile and happy unlike news and most movies today. And yall make me smile too 'most of the time'.:peace::huggs:and ' smilies' too.

That was clifton Flowers or Clowers,?

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
i believe i can do with a 2 week vacation in my home.95% of the i get out n about,is for someone else.by taking different folks where i need to go.i do my primary shopping on the 6th of each month. from then on.it's to get milk n bread at one store .and filtered cigars at another store.then back home.

Group Builder