How Long until Christmas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes,
I recently showed the kids, now all teens, in the kitchen with granny , making Christmas cookies.
They still look forward to the big day.

The older I get , the more it means to see them following tradition.

Jim
We used to decorate cookies when I was a child one Saturday in December. That was before sandwich bags with good corners to use for piping frosting. We only had knives, spoons, and toothpicks for decorating. Our cookies were never as fancy then because we didn't have the tools to create the details like I can now.

We will make it ...presents bought..16 days..
5cccd8f0f5c6c8f2d3214c3e43e6470f.jpg

7ca0e5d8bc76f2937f23cd691751b9d8.gif

Jim

Our cookies were never as fancy then because we didn't have the tools to create the details like I can now.

But they tasted just as good. My Mother was big on baking, and my sister and I used to decorate. Brother was a little to young.

Only two weeks away, but I am looking forward to my favorite Christmas movie: A Christmas Carol, The version with Alistair Simm playing Ebenezer Scrooge. When I was young it terrified me seeing the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. Now I watch it every Christmas Eve.

Lord help me...it's only 2 weeks from today..🎅
So, you reckon I should start shopping yet?
I have had good luck in the past on the 23rd, but everything has to be delivered nowdays
Thinking.gif

We never decorate until after my birthday.
Give OCD a couple of weeks and you get one like ours:
IMG_20201213_130238_burst_02.jpg

No, it is not possible to hang another ornament on it. We checked.
(I did the icicles:p)

11 days, 4 hrs and 30 seconds

Jim, you walkin' with a twitch yet? Instead of morning breath, it's peppermint from your sleep walking? Visions of sugared plums are getting out of the way so you can dance? 😄🎄❄☃

I am definitely getting a little silly.

Can't wait to get all my grands over .

I wish we could get 6" snow next Thurs. 🎄❄❄⛄
Always loved seeing them sledding down my big hill.

image.jpg

Jim

Okay 1 more than then I'll stop.
Everybody should listen to this one at least once a Christmas.
The guy with the lights and the guy with the Christmas cards crack me up and have me laughing even after the song is over.
...now why the hell are they blinking?!....makes me lose it! 🤣🤣
and....I don't even KNOW half these people!......😂

Latest posts

Back