How Long until Christmas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might have noticed, I am too 😊
I remember when I was a kid (very long time ago) , my favorite Aunt did her tree in all blue lights , then sprayed that fake snow all over it ( I can still smell it).
Then she did ALL the house and yard lights blue.

I thought that was so neat.

A few years ago I did that ...loved it , so did my family.

Too nostalgic ??

Jim

I remember when I was a kid (very long time ago) , my favorite Aunt did her tree in all blue lights , then sprayed that fake snow all over it ( I can still smell it).
Then she did ALL the house and yard lights blue.

I thought that was so neat.

A few years ago I did that ...loved it , so did my family.

Too nostalgic ??

Jim
My mom still has my grandmother's "real" tinsel that she removed from the tree each year. It's wider than what you find now and is actually somewhat tarnished 😊 My other gma had one of those fake silver tinsel trees. I remember asking why they didn't have a real tree. Also, growing up we got to open one gift Christmas Eve. The rest had to wait until Christmas morning. One year I picked a smaller gift to open Eve. I remember Ma asking if I was sure I wanted to open that one. I can't remember what my brother opened, but something fun. Mine was underwear 😂 And yes necessities were often gifts.

FB_IMG_1627221904545.jpg

Jim

As you know, we will be moving between now and Christmas.
So we are downsizing
The 36 totes ,filled with Christmas 🎄 decorations were taken down In garage and made me cry , almost.

We will be giving so much of them to the kids.
🎄🎄🎄🎄

Jim
I have 1 tote of Christmas decs. so don't go overboard on the decorations, but I love the feeling of Christmastime.

Can't wait to decorate the old farmhouse.

It will be so much fun.
I kept all the decorations available , not buried in the stack.

I hear the music , taste the eggnog, hear the kids excitement, see the stockings.

Can't wait.
:flyingaway:
Jim
What a great thing to look forward to. Can't wait to see the pictures!!😊👍

We've had 2 months of triple digit weather & only recently broke down to double digits. You should have said something sooner. I'd have shared our summer with you.
We had a rainy, more humid summer and not so many 100's! I like the dry air and 105+!! It's like we switched summers😊

Latest posts

Back