How Long until Christmas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51 more days~
appalachian-christmas-bruce-roberts.jpg

I have actually started what little shopping I do for Christmas. Found a spud wrench for Hubby :) It's been on my watch list for a long time (an old one, they used to use better steel.) I'm not finished, but not too stressed about the rest. I've been trying to support small/personal craftsmen (and women.) Next will be getting it in some sort of orderly fashion and wrapped.

Finished my Christmas shopping for toys for the Grand daughters last Sunday.
Still working on Baby Reign's Christmas blanket.
Will have to add at least 2 more sets of 15 rows to have good size blanket for her.
Then work on Estelle's hat, Strawberry's sweater and bed.
Then will be done.
Oh yeah, watch both versions of "How the Grinch Stole" Christmas at least 95 more times for each version.

I know that everybody is excited about Christmas, and this year nobody has had much reason to be excited about anything. I have seen many houses, some in my neighborhood, that already have Christmas lights up. Still there is a soft spot in my heart for Thanksgiving, the forgotten holiday.

No matter how bad things get we all still have a multitude of reasons to give thanks. I saw it on a church marquee, and it really hit home to me. "Every minute of every day somebody is praying for something you take for granted."

I know that everybody is excited about Christmas, and this year nobody has had much reason to be excited about anything. I have seen many houses, some in my neighborhood, that already have Christmas lights up. Still there is a soft spot in my heart for Thanksgiving, the forgotten holiday.

No matter how bad things get we all still have a multitude of reasons to give thanks. I saw it on a church marquee, and it really hit home to me. "Every minute of every day somebody is praying for something you take for granted."
I'm actually Thankful for everyday I wake up.
I'm Thankful everyday for my family, friends like yourself.
So I give Thanks everyday.
Not just one recognized day of the year.

Just 15 days 'til Thanksgiving!

I'm actually Thankful for everyday I wake up.
I'm Thankful everyday for my family, friends like yourself.
So I give Thanks everyday.
Not just one recognized day of the year.

I rememebr a precher saying " another day the Lord Hath made,rejoice and be gload in it.".
" Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not a promise, today is a gift, thats why they call it " The Present".paraquote,unknown authur.

What you laughing at SuperV? You can have an eggnog on the beach ya know.I spent some great Christmas's at the beach and in the snow too. We spent our honeymoon at the beach,we got married Christmas Eve. We went diving,fishing and if we wanted to be cold we just turned the AC to 0. :thumbs:

Funny song,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back