How many triangles do you see?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the image, snipped it, eliminated the extraneous, and used the red pen and drew all of the possibilities. Before I did that, it was kind of confusing. Well even doing that, it was a little confusing. I posted it earlier, and then realized that wasn't right to do. It took all the fun away from others. A couple people saw what I posted, when I posted all that I found. That process of sharing them helped me to see all of them as well. I had missed a couple prior to seeing them all laid out visually.

I will share a couple of the images to give you an example.
Inkedhowmanytriangles1_LI.jpg Inkedhowmanytriangles2_LI.jpg Inkedhowmanytriangles3_LI.jpg Inkedhowmanytriangles4_LI.jpg

I took the image, snipped it, eliminated the extraneous, and used the red pen and drew all of the possibilities. Before I did that, it was kind of confusing. Well even doing that, it was a little confusing. I posted it earlier, and then realized that wasn't right to do. It took all the fun away from others. A couple people saw what I posted, when I posted all that I found. That process of sharing them helped me to see all of them as well. I had missed a couple prior to seeing them all laid out visually.

I will share a couple of the images to give you an example.
View attachment 10463 View attachment 10464 View attachment 10465 View attachment 10466

Triangle - a plane figure with three straight sides and three angles.

Attachments

• Triangle.JPG
    Triangle.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 58
At each of the horizontal lines there are 6 triangles. There are 4 horizontal lines so 4 x 6 = 24.

If the apex is "A" and the intersection of the 4 lines down where they intersect with the first horizontal line are lettered "B, C, D and E" The you can call out all 6 triangle at that line.
A,B,C; A,B,D; A,B,E; A,C,D; A,C,E; A,D,E
With each consecutive horizontal line the same triangles are extended to the new intersections so you have 4 times 6 triangles or 24 triangles.

At each of the horizontal lines there are 6 triangles. There are 4 horizontal lines so 4 x 6 = 24.

If the apex is "A" and the intersection of the 4 lines down where they intersect with the first horizontal line are lettered "B, C, D and E" The you can call out all 6 triangle at that line.
A,B,C; A,B,D; A,B,E; A,C,D; A,C,E; A,D,E
With each consecutive horizontal line the same triangles are extended to the new intersections so you have 4 times 6 triangles or 24 triangles.
If I was still teaching, I would so use this! But I would also give my students a page or two full of at least 24 copies of the original image and have them color all the triangles and number them. THEN I would have the students identify if each triangle was an equilateral, scalene or isosceles.

If I was still teaching, I would so use this! But I would also give my students a page or two full of at least 24 copies of the original image and have them color all the triangles and number them. THEN I would have the students identify if each triangle was an equilateral, scalene or isosceles.
I was never good at algebra, but I was excellent at math and I love geometry!
Just to add a little more interest:
How many equilateral triangles? 4
How many isosceles triangles? 4
How many scalene triangles? 16

Latest posts

Back