How much CASH do you carry?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of late less than $100.00.

Carrying large amounts of cash to a different country is just asking for trouble b/c there are customs laws that apply. Still, we take about $2,000 (legally) with us when we go someplace warm for a week or two. We divide it up and place it in different locations within our luggage and on our person. I use a credit card as little as possible when out of town. I don't want to pay for my vacation when I get back. I prefer to pay as I go or pay it beforehand.

However, this thread isn't really about taking cash across the borders. It's about how much cash do you carry on a routine basis.
It looks like the post that the above comment was aimed at has disappeared.🤔 He must've gotten a dose of 'troll be gone'.

Lately I have been making sure my wallet is full. These days if there's a bargain to be had, I want to be in the position to take advantage of it. Plus, the dollars don't seem to be going as far these days, so I make sure I have extra to make up for what inflation has destroyed. Last week it cost over $50 to fill up my car and it wasn't even on empty.😡

Carrying large amounts of cash to a different country is just asking for trouble b/c there are customs laws that apply. Still, we take about $2,000 (legally) with us when we go someplace warm for a week or two. We divide it up and place it in different locations within our luggage and on our person. I use a credit card as little as possible when out of town. I don't want to pay for my vacation when I get back. I prefer to pay as I go or pay it beforehand.

However, this thread isn't really about taking cash across the borders. It's about how much cash do you carry on a routine basis.
I agree not paying for vacation over many months on a CC.
I use the card freely, never show my cash, which is for emergency & just pay the card off when I return home, with the cash I left behind in the safe bank account. Up until this year I always thought money was safer in BA then my pocket, not so sure now.

Latest posts

Back