How much water do you have on hand currently?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan “D” is a stream a half mile away.
Plan “C” is the ditch on my property but it is dry during the summer.
Plan “B” is hand drawing water from my well. That will get old quick.

The OP go me thinking on priorities resulting in Plan “A”. Paid $20 each for IBC totes. They had corn oil shipped in them. Come spring I’ll divert rain water into them. How does an old cowboy unloaded the top row by himself? Throw a rope over the horizontal pole an tie to the tote. The other end of the rope to a come-a-long that is chained to a tree. Raise the tote just high enough to pull the trailer out from underneath it. Then lower to tote to the ground.

738E32FF-AAD1-4BB2-82B5-3C999FBCF902.jpeg

Plan “D” is a stream a half mile away.
Plan “C” is the ditch on my property but it is dry during the summer.
Plan “B” is hand drawing water from my well. That will get old quick.

The OP go me thinking on priorities resulting in Plan “A”. Paid $20 each for IBC totes. They had corn oil shipped in them. Come spring I’ll divert rain water into them. How does an old cowboy unloaded the top row by himself? Throw a rope over the horizontal pole an tie to the tote. The other end of the rope to a come-a-long that is chained to a tree. Raise the tote just high enough to pull the trailer out from underneath it. Then lower to tote to the ground.

View attachment 99573
I wouldn't use that trailer to tow four filled totes. Each filled tote will weigh 1.25 tons or more. I'd also put some bracing on the corners of that beam

I wouldn't use that trailer to tow four filled totes. Each filled tote will weigh 1.25 tons or more. I'd also put some bracing on the corners of that beam
I was unloading the totes from the trailer. Beam has more then adequate strength to unload the EMPTY totes. I have no intention of assuming that the totes are portable once they are full.

275 gallons x 8.34 = 2,293.5 pounds plus the weight of the tote.

Latest posts

Back