How old are you?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• Under 30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-40

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 41-50

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 51-60

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • 61-70

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 71 or over

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • How dare you even ask!?

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
For those of us who didn't know the meaning, I had to look before I looked foolish or embarrassed someone. Isn't it a term that is used more in the south? I never heard it used in the Dakotas.
peck·er·wood
/ˈpekərˌwo͝od/
noun
INFORMAL•DEROGATORY
  1. a white person, especially a poor one.
    "another peckerwood with a bad attitude"

For those of us who didn't know the meaning, I had to look before I looked foolish or embarrassed someone. Isn't it a term that is used more in the south? I never heard it used in the Dakotas.
peck·er·wood
/ˈpekərˌwo͝od/
noun
INFORMAL•DEROGATORY
LQ Jones used the term in the Zorro movie.

I have no memory of Tommy. Of course, I have forgotten much more than I remember now. I wonder why he isn't here with us?

Tommy did come here and sign up.
But , Tommy and his wife were having some serious health problems last I heard.

He just didn't have time for interwebs chatting.

Sad.

Jim

peck·er·wood
/ˈpekərˌwo͝od/
noun
INFORMAL•DEROGATORY

It's like being called a hillbilly which is a compliment to me.

It's like being called a hillbilly which is a compliment to me.
Or me being called a 'redneck' (which to the dismay of many, is not derogatory).
It means one who works hard and can accomplish impossible tasks with little or nothing to work with.
Proud to be a redneck.:)

I am pushing the far end of the 37%, but the good new is a Am retiring before I leave it!:woo hoo::woo hoo::green man::gardening::lil guy:
Outstanding!!!
Pull that plug by 62!
And I won't get on the soapbox
soapbox-zipper.gif

Don Johnson used the term peckerwood in the movie Django, also. The term of endearment around here would be Hoosier even though we are well West of Indiana. That is what we call rednecks. I don't much care what you call me. Just don't call me late for supper.

I’m a brown skinned Puerto Rican redneck from Guilford NC. Just turned 60 a couple months back and still feeling pretty good. For my birthday I showed my 25 year old that I can still out lift him... yup

Latest posts

Back