How sad.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Some people did some more stuff.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...d-hundreds-injured-in-church-and-hotel-blasts

Sri Lanka attacks: several arrested after 207 killed at hotels and churches on Easter Sunday – as it happened

5h ago 13:51

What we know so far
A wave of bombings has rocked Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday. Here is what we know so far:

• At least 207 people have been killed and 450 more injured in a series of explosions targeting churches holding Easter services and hotels in Sri Lanka.
  • Most of the dead are believed to have been Sri Lankans, but officials say about 30 people from other countries have lost their lives. Three UK nationals and two US-UK dual nationals were among the dead. One Dutch, one Chinese, one Portuguese and two Turkish nationals have been killed, their respective foreign ministries have confirmed.
  • No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but Sri Lanka’s defence minister, Ruwan Wijewardene, said the culprits had been identified and were religious extremists. He said suicide bombers were responsible for the majority of the morning’s bombings and that the wave of attacks was the work of a single group.
  • Eight people have been reported to have been arrested so far.
  • The government has imposed a curfew with immediate effect. It also shut down social media and messaging services.
  • There were six initial blasts, at three hotels and three churches, before two more explosions some time later, at a guest house and housing scheme, with two people reported to have been killed at the former.
  • Harsha de Silva, a government minister, said the last two blasts appeared to have been carried out by the culprits as they fled from police.
  • The prime minister, Ranil Wickremesinghe, condemned the “cowardly” attacks and urged people to remain “united and strong”. He convened Sri Lanka’s top military officials at an emergency meeting of the national security council.
  • The archbishop of Colombo, Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith, called it “a very sad day” and urged the government to identify the attackers and “punish them mercilessly because only animals can behave like that”.
  • World leaders including Narendra Modi, Imran Khan, Theresa May, Donald Tusk, Jean-Claude Juncker and Vladimir Putin condemned the attacks and expressed their sympathies to the victims. May called the violence “truly appalling” and said that “no one should ever have to practise their faith in fear”.

I hate to say it but an extreme Muslim group just claimed responsibility for this. They are taking over the world slowly but surely and I for one feel my government needs to send them back and quit using my tax dollars to support them. Last report was that 91% of all Muslim immigrants are receiving some sort of government funding.

My question is why nothing happened in the USA???

My "Guess" is..........because they do not have everything in the proper position "YET". But it is coming.

Of the three "Main" Crusades, the Christians got their ass kicked bad, in two out of three. The only one that the Christians "Kind'a" won, that victory only lasted for thirty days.

Besides which, there is no reason to be a problem for Europe and North America, "NOW". We are inviting them to invade us, as long as we are stupid enough to continue to "Invite" the invasion, why make trouble.

People worry about a "New World Order". It ain't going to be who they think. We are very-very-very close to losing this now. There are far to many traitors in all of the Western Worlds governments.

Last edited:
I think it is a matter of time and getting mussies in place.

The news has said that the government had plenty of warning and did nothing. Sri Lanka has had its share of terrorism.

What is the purpose of all this bombing? It certainly cannot be to encourage Christians to join their faith. If it is, they surely need to change their tactics.

What is the purpose of all this bombing? It certainly cannot be to encourage Christians to join their faith. If it is, they surely need to change their tactics.

They do NOT want us to join their faith.
They want you dead, they want me dead, they want all the children dead, they want all of us dead, "NOT" converted.....DEAD.
They want your house, your property, your wealth, your country.

And it would be convenient if we had no firearms.

Last edited:
These bombings were terror tactics. The suicide bombers want to spread fear and they choose places where large groups congregate.
These are political attacks perpetrated because they feel they have no other recourse. The sad part is that all it does is harden the population against them. (and perhaps their religion)
Remember that the attackers are fringe elements of fanatics controlled by fanatics. War is all they see and they can't win so they resort to terror attacks.
My God is happy to accept me if I die in His name but not if I take innocent lives in my dying act. I hope the world changes so that others can see a great future for themselves and can work toward that future in peaceful coexistence. I pray for all those affected by these acts so in grace we come together in peace.

Latest posts

Back