How to Be Self-Sufficient in the Desert

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depend on who raise her. She was raised by a hearing family and learn to read lip. I raised in a deaf family I never get read lip. All I understand "What" and "no"

And for TTY/TDD that's cave-man technology. They don't exist anymore.

My mom's family may have raised her but they did not teach her to read lips. The school for the deaf chose what and how my mom was taught to fit in to society. My grandpa just took her to the city to the school. No one in my mom's family was deaf or hard of hearing. Since she lost her hearing from illness it wasn't until the family doctor diagnosed her deafness anyone even knew.

Funny thing. She grew up going to a standard public school as a child and was in the normal classes and not in the special ed classes.

Like I mentioned before you should have sued if you didn't get the job because you were deaf.

Yeah, I should have sue them but I'm damn too soft heart and let it go. That's was umm like 20 years ago. But now I know that architecture firm has shut down due to COVID put them out of business. I'm all good

Parascuba
So you are thinking about walking away from your second land purchase in a year? You mentioned you have 5 or 6 friends coming to live with you. How is it you can't pool your money and common sense. I really tried to stay off this topic when I didn't have anything encouraging to say anymore. You have said, you didn't get jobs due to deafness, your ex ruined your credit and the seller may have scammed you. Oh and you are "helping" your aunt who is going to donate her home out from under you. If she can give to the needy why not you? I hope others here are learning from your mistakes even if you aren't.

T
Parascuba
So you are thinking about walking away from your second land purchase in a year? You mentioned you have 5 or 6 friends coming to live with you. How is it you can't pool your money and common sense. I really tried to stay off this topic when I didn't have anything encouraging to say anymore. You have said, you didn't get jobs due to deafness, your ex ruined your credit and the seller may have scammed you. Oh and you are "helping" your aunt who is going to donate her home out from under you. If she can give to the needy why not you? I hope others here are learning from your mistakes even if you aren't.
I'm not going to walk away If I can't get trade. Then I'll keep it. Stick stupid limit what they gave me. Friend of mine 3 of them totals 4 of us. They won't pay a single cent. But They say they will pay rent or help build the house. I already told them. If they really want to live with me. They gotta work their ass off to help build houses, septic, grow foods, and all those stuff. If they don't want to work. Then pay 500 to 800 a month.

.... And I'm not going anyone stops my dream. I'll keep going! I remind myself to remember this verse and it's my favorite! Phillippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

You really need to go look at the land and talk to the county people before you buy it. Even if it means waiting.
*sigh* I know. I'm stupid. damage is done. I'm going to stick with it.

I think you got caught, land seems to be going fast, you don't want to miss an opportunity but sometimes that are lots of restrictions.
I think that for the benefit of the memberships it would be nice to have a list of the questions and who's (like county offices) that potential buyers should reach out to in order to get answers before making decisions. You now have a wealth of information due to your experience.

Welcome to the club!

I lost $100k on a pizza shop that I gave away just to cut my losses. I learned a lot from that lesson.

Ben

Thank guys for all information. I made a stupid mistake. I'm going to stick with it. And Pretty much that what I just did what you say UrbanHunter. I was monitored closely on Nunn Land Sale. They get rarely have more than 1/4 acres. Once they up. they tend sold within a month. When they have 2.5 for sale I like "Finally!" there are two of them. 2.5 acres and 3 acres for sale. I was going for 3 acres. But better wait for an email response from then. The next day, 3 acres sold out. 2.5 still there. "Screw it!" click buy. And look where I got myself to *SMH*

Latest posts

Back