How to find companies hidden customer service phone numbers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I found a website for looking up companies customer service phone numbers, since many companies try to hide these from you (like Amazon for example). I was trying to find out alternate phone numbers (international customer service, etc.) for airlines - useful if you're trying to rebook a cancelled flight during a blizzard when the main customer service phones are backed up. I wanted to have these phone numbers in hand, in advance, in case I ever need them.

https://gethuman.com
Sometimes you have to scroll down to find more hidden phone numbers (e.g., for "United Airlines" you don't see their international customer service number up at the top with the other phone numbers). Don't miss looking over at the right side of the webpage for "Other Numbers". These are separate from the main display. Those other numbers may be helpful as well. Calling "Book a Flight" or "Reservations" may get you to someone who can help you rebook quickly while everybody else is stuck in queue for "customer service". While you're standing there in a long line at the airport waiting for the gate attendant to help you to rebook, be calling the companies other phone numbers at the same time - and deal with whoever you get to first. Multitask.

Example below: I did some cut-paste-edit (In GIMP/Photoshop) to create this United Airlines modified screenshot for an upcoming trip (I manually hacked in the international customer service number - I matched colors but not fonts - and moved the other phone numbers location).

2_United_Airlines.png

"To make a payment, press one. To hear about our other exciting offers, press two. To leave a gratuitously compliment, press three. For other ways of sending money, press four. To repeat this message, press five. To speak to a customer representative, please stay on the line until hell freezes over" "beep. Your expecting wait time is forty seven decades. Goodbye!"

Reactions: Neb
To make a payment, press one. To hear about our other exciting offers, press two. To leave a gratuitously compliment, press three.
To get around this, always press a number that is not one of the choices. Or if they ask you to say your name or something, speak in unintelligible grunts. The system usually gives you two or three chances to get it right, but if you're persistently incoherent, then the system assumes you're a moron and transfers you to a human. Which was your goal all along.

Latest posts

Back