How To make Chicken From Scratch In SHTF

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I often wonder how we will feed our laying hens in a SHTF situation. I know they can free range but will that provide enough feed?

I think you need an egg to make a chicken. But there is always that which came first question.
With a thread title "how to make chicken from scratch" I just couldn't help myself.
In Kauai, Hawaii, there are literally thousands of chicken roaming free. Nobody is feeding them and they are thriving. Around my place, the chickens just wander around eating what they find and there are a lot of them. Last year we had 1 show up that was in bad shape. Half of its rear end and almost half of its head were missing but she kept on going. I think a coon of dog got ahold of her.
Chickens, like country boys, will survive.

I think you need an egg to make a chicken. But there is always that which came first question.
With a thread title "how to make chicken from scratch" I just couldn't help myself.
In Kauai, Hawaii, there are literally thousands of chicken roaming free. Nobody is feeding them and they are thriving. Around my place, the chickens just wander around eating what they find and there are a lot of them. Last year we had 1 show up that was in bad shape. Half of its rear end and almost half of its head were missing but she kept on going. I think a coon of dog got ahold of her.
Chickens, like country boys, will survive.

LOL, me and my errors. I wonder if they will still lay eggs too ? Ours free range several outside pen everyday and outside yard times a week. But they have layer pellets at all times. Guess they would survive.

Latest posts

Back