How to skin a squirrel in no time flat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzleyette___Adams

Hermit on the mountain
Neighbor
After seeing this video, I'll never go back to my old way of skinning squirrels.

Funny sidebar thought from a viewer:

I am convinced that Mr. Murphy has absorbed the soul of every squirrel he's killed

(Ha ha... the hair, the intense eyes... now I can't stop laughing.)

Cleaning animals is something I have not done, except for fish and some chickens here and there, since I left home. I imagine that it is something that many people would have a hard time doing, because of the yuck factor. I know that is true of gutting a chicken.

Hunger is the best sauce that will cover all kinds of ick factors!
When I took a food storage class decades ago, a woman was telling about an event she and her family had when she was a child. They were in Utah, and something happened which I no longer remember, hindering their ability to have a noon meal. I believe they were out in canoes or something, so out in nature. Her brother, who was a very picky eater, always, began to talk about how they could eat the lizards they had been seeing. She said she doubted that he could eat one, even though he was talking about it. Even though he may have been hungry at the moment, he hadn't really gone very long without food. I have often thought about all the really picky eaters I have known and how they would really do in a situation where they could not avoid certain foods if they were really hungry.

Hunger is the best sauce that will cover all kinds of ick factors!

Well for me it will take hunger to eat one but for those who do, Bon Apitit also if it comes to squirrel on the menu hubby can do that, they had a delicacy called squirrel perlo so he can skin one, said hes skinned a many of them plus deer,hogs,birds .

With all due respect, I thought everyone knew at least two ways to skin the bushy tail rat.
I always started in the middle or at the head, now I know three ways.
I prefer rabbits, bigger, easier to trap or raise & taste better.

I have eaten almost everything. But to me rabbits are the nastiest to clean. Turtle is probably the hardest to clean.

I have eaten almost everything. But to me rabbits are the nastiest to clean. Turtle is probably the hardest to clean.
I like cleaning rabbits over hogs & deer. Birds are easier than rabbits.
I have been told turtle are nastiest, has botulism, but never tasted turtle or cleaned one.

I always hated cleaning rabbits there is just something about the smell. I really never liked to eat them the same day we had hunted a mess. No other game bothers me like rabbits.

Turtle is delicious.

Back