Howdy from South Alabama

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from "The Great State of Alaska".

welcome from the SE corner of Washington state.

Just a wild guess ..would you be a carpenter.

I am wondering if he knows "Willie McCoy" They call him "Slim" back in South Alabama.

"Well outta south Alabama come a country boy
He said, "I'm lookin' for a man named Jim
I am a pool-shootin' boy, my name's Willie McCoy
But down at home they call me Slim"

Last edited:
Welcome from another Alabamian! I sometimes drive by Bryant Denny stadium, quite a ways from you. It's been a lot of years since I've been down in your part of the state. Pull up a chair and stay a while!

He did?
He has to share it with us!
oh... ;)

Welcome from Alaska! I spent a couple wonderful years in UCLA (upper corner of lower Alabama) at Fort Rucker in the 1990s. Loved it there and our family had a blast enjoying all the outdoor activities.

Just a wild guess ..would you be a carpenter.
And , I don't mean Karen..

:welcome: from West KY.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Although I do a lot of carpentry for myself, and there are multi generations of carpenters in my family, I chose the name "Clawhammer" for my favorite style of banjo playing.

Welcome from another Alabamian! I sometimes drive by Bryant Denny stadium, quite a ways from you. It's been a lot of years since I've been down in your part of the state. Pull up a chair and stay a while!

Hey Peanut. Love the avatar, by the way. Thanks for the welcome, and drop on by if you're ever down this way. We have the best boiled peanuts in the world down here in October!

I am wondering if he knows "Willie McCoy" They call him "Slim" back in South Alabama.

"Well outta south Alabama come a country boy
He said, "I'm lookin' for a man named Jim
I am a pool-shootin' boy, my name's Willie McCoy
But down at home they call me Slim"
Pretty good, Sourdough! Willie McCoy was my third cousin, twice removed, on my Aunt Clara's side of the family. :ghostly:

Hey Jim,
I chose the name "Clawhammer" for my favorite style of banjo playing.

I posted photo's of this one over the holidays... Played it for a bit during a family gathering, sad story attached to it though. An aunt keeps it on display in her livingroom like it was a lawn ornament. It's her's, she can do what she wants with it.

Banjo mas 1 a.JPG
Banjo mas 2 a.JPG

Latest posts

Back