Howdy from Texas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodgesMamMaw

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
DH and I are both retired. We live on the lake. We have a rv and love to travel. We fish, garden, and hunt. We both have many hobbies. I have a She Shed for crafting and sewing. DH has a shop building. We have two fur babies, 3 grown married sons, 2 grandsons, 2 grand dogs, a grand bearded dragon and a grand chameleon. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone .

Welcome, from Colorado!

I am a retired teacher who now does house and dog sitting and care. That business is not advertised, but by word of mouth and keeps me busy. I take care of many wonderful dogs and a few cats.

I started and participated in a crafting group for a few years. We had enough donations given to our group that we could have had a store! I did not bring them ALL home, but I greatly increased my stash (as did many in our group), while one of my goals for having the group was to finish projects. I did finish many projects while participating in the group: quilts, counted cross stitch pieces, ornaments, clothing, aprons, and more, but I also increased my collection of materials and project ideas.

Welcome, from Colorado!

I am a retired teacher who now does house and dog sitting and care. That business is not advertised, but by word of mouth and keeps me busy. I take care of many wonderful dogs and a few cats.

I started and participated in a crafting group for a few years. We had enough donations given to our group that we could have had a store! I did not bring them ALL home, but I greatly increased my stash (as did many in our group), while one of my goals for having the group was to finish projects. I did finish many projects while participating in the group: quilts, counted cross stitch pieces, ornaments, clothing, aprons, and more, but I also increased my collection of materials and project ideas.
Weedy fabric and trim are such a delight. I go into my She Shed and just get lost in goodies. I love to loom rag rugs from fabric. I alway crochet them. Word has got out that I use fabric. I have inherited a couple of grannies stashes.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, wife, son and I lived in White Deer, Texas for about a year while we ran a Conoco station in Pampa, gas war priced us out and I worked for a tire shop while we waited to sell our home, we are now living in what we call paradise out here in the woods. During the winter, in White Deer our home had more snow on the side of our home than was on the ground. If the Tornado Club is still in White Deer, we may still have a membership there, it was a BYOB club, due to it being a dry county, the football field across from us was a favorite parking place for highschool students to gather for after practice drinking. We're glad to be here as that was a nightmare, along with the concern for tornadoes.

Latest posts

Back