Howdy from the new old guy!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Bigg...It sounds like "Determination" should be your middle name. And when I grow up (lol, I might be older than you, but I don't care), I wanna have the same kind of grit and spirit as you do.

Hattip to you, sir.

Thank you fair maiden. lol I'll be half a century in a few months though. I attribute this place with all the credit. It keeps me going and being away from the rest of the world makes me happy for the most part. Only thing lacking is the right person to share it with. BTW I call this place A World Away! Because that's what it is to me, My world away.

Thank you fair maiden. lol I'll be half a century in a few months though. I attribute this place with all the credit. It keeps me going and being away from the rest of the world makes me happy for the most part. Only thing lacking is the right person to share it with. BTW I call this place A World Away! Because that's what it is to me, My world away.

So, the "we" in the first post in this thread must be...you and your kids? Parents?

Signed,
Nosy Nellie

Just one daughter and myself here now. A few more years and she'll be out of the house too, she'll be 16 the same week I'll be 50. My ex decided she wasn't cut out to be a mother or wife back in 2010-11 Since then it was the girls and I. The oldest now 21 moved out since and has a child of her own. He turned 1 earlier this year. Of course that's not counting the critters or puppies.

Wow, two motherless girls 6 and 11 years old...how sad. It hurt my heart to read this.

But lucky them: they had you, who no doubt, taught them what it means to be the Bigg D Kidd, lol. ("D" for Determination). I hope this trait rubbed off on them; it will serve them well.

Yes they are stubborn and hardheaded just like I am! LMAO Which as the father of a teenage daughter still causes me some (many) headaches! lol

I found one on another forum that I belong to...Caution: long story, lol.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/t...ms-like-its-a-bad-thing.830666/#post-17337098
WoW You been there and done that. Pretty much the same as I have! Never give up. I use to belong over there as well but I pretty much only read the fiction. Seems like a lot of us hermits are readers as well. Thanks for sharing. Oh and BTW we have timber rattlers around here as well. Copperheads are more common and more of a problem though. I often bring black snakes home to relocate them so they can eat the copperheads. It's cheaper than .45 shells! lol I did stir up a mess of them in the spring two years ago and shot 7 with 8 shots. If they leave me alone I leave them alone but when they start chasing I start shootin.

Latest posts

Back