Howdy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Friend
Neighbor
I feel like a poser here since I live in the city and not on a homestead, but I hope that will change soon. I'm looking at a 55 acre tract that is relatively remote, but a half hour from my daughter's house. Spring fed creek runs right through the middle of it.
My sisters and I own a 400 acre tree farm that is my current BOL. We have three tractors with implements which are currently mainly used for maintaining food plots for deer. The only problem with it is that it is brutal in summer and staying cool off grid would be difficult. Other than that it has a 1600' artesian well, over 350 acres of oaks and very fertile soil, lot's of game and is way off the beaten path. The fertility of the soil is such that the only challenge growing things is the pests, both of the furry and insects varieties.
The 55 acre tract I'm looking at is at a higher elevation and a good bit farther north, so summers won't be such a challenge. But other than a few food plots and dirt roads it is completely undeveloped while the tree farm is livable right now.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Being a homesteader isn't necessarily a requirement. We welcome everybody. Good to have you with us.

Welcome aboard, from the land of warm summers and cool to cold winters, there is a good bunch around here,

Another welcome from the Alaskan contingent! And it’s not about where you have been, it’s about where you are going. We are all on a journey so you will fit right in.

Bienveneetoes from Lost Angeleez.. o_O Glad to make yer acquaintance.. :cool:

re: 'poser', uhh..

I feel like a poser here since I live in the city and not on a homestead, ...own a 400 acre tree farm that is my current BOL. ..artesian well, over 350 acres of oaks and very fertile soil, lot's of game and is way off the beaten path. ..

..Well.. Yer Light-years ahead of 90% of Most "city-slickers" I know of (I mean, We've only got a palsy 1.6 acres, and ain't even Livin on it yet, either, so.. ) At least ya've got That goin / in-motion the Other situ, and that doesn't At All sound like "poser" from where I stand..

Looking forward to being Inspired / Motivated by reading yer 'Escapeventures', herein.. :cool:

jd

Hello and welcome from out in the woods of S.W. Oregon, don't worry about where you are now, hopefully that will change soon, we've lived in the Denver area and I spent time in the Seattle area, hated being in either place, where we live now is paradise to us, this evening when we came home a herd of elk were in our neighbors field, some really big ones were bedded down right next to the fence below our deck and frequently we are blessed to see bald eagles in the trees along the creek across from us and occasionally cougar come down close, we like seeing them around, we call them guardians of our back yards.

Latest posts

Back