Huffing paint is now an internet challenge?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://www.foxnews.com/world/chroming-social-media-trend-killed-13-year-old-girl
Back in my day, huffing paint was a "Loser's high" Like drinking Lysol moonshine. NOW its being glorified as an internet challenge?! o_0 Geez. I guess this is what happens when you gave their parents "participation trophies" for sucking at sports and taking away the scores/reward for things they were good at! You can actually watch a huffer getting dumber it kills so many brain cells! Now stupid is a virtue?

Hey Darwin, hold my beer, let's watch this!

Back in my day, huffing paint was a "Loser's high" Like drinking Lysol moonshine. NOW its being glorified as an internet challenge?! o_0 Geez. I guess this is what happens when you gave their parents "participation trophies" for sucking at sports and taking away the scores/reward for things they were good at! You can actually watch a huffer getting dumber it kills so many brain cells! Now stupid is a virtue?

You gotta give the stupid people a chance to take their genes out of the gene-pool.🤪
That's what freedom is all about! :thumbs::ghostly:

You gotta give the stupid people a chance to take their genes out of the gene-pool.

I was going to say something to that effect. Our planet is overpopulated. We can't support the number of people we have. Some individuals will end up dying so that the herd may survive. Might as well be the dumb ones who die. I can't imagine people being stupid enough to do stuff like this paint sniffing, Tide Pod eating, and stuff like that. Even if they're kids. Kids should know better too. The partakers of such activities obviously were predisposed and predestined to die young anyway. I suppose I am just calloused with age. When gangbanger #1 shoots gangbanger #2, some will shed tears over the "loss of our children!" I would be more likely to replenish their ammunition.

Last edited:
I was going to say something to that effect. Our planet is overpopulated. We can't support the number of people we have. Some individuals will end up dying so that the herd may survive. Might as well be the dumb ones who die. I can't imagine people being stupid enough to do stuff like this paint sniffing, Tide Pod eating, and stuff like that. Even if they're kids. Kids should know better too. The partakers of such activities obviously were predisposed and predestined to die young anyway. I suppose I am just calloused with age. When gangbanger #1 shoots gangbanger #2, some will shed tears over the "loss of our children!" I would be more likely to replenish their ammunition.
This right here is why I get fired up at every news report I hear of EMS or police saving the life of some idiot that Od'd with Narcan. With tax payer money no less. I say if they want to od, let them. but quit burning money on them. Heard one story of some chick that od'd and was Narcaned 3 times in one night.

This right here is why I get fired up at every news report I hear of EMS or police saving the life of some idiot that Od'd with Narcan. With tax payer money no less. I say if they want to od, let them. but quit burning money on them. Heard one story of some chick that od'd and was Narcaned 3 times in one night.
The good news is once they finally do it for good, they can donate their organs to someone who needs them.

They offered Free Narcan and classes around here, NOBODY attended, I am not facilitating their habit.

My wife recently had shoulder surgery. She was prescribed narc pain killers (she never ended up using those however). Part of the deal was mandatory Narcan to take home. I guess the druggies must be everywhere now, you can't avoid them. The pharmacy must expect everyone to be planning to od, with their forcing you to take Narcan home. I guess this is a good thing for them to send out Narcan, it's pretty harmless and you're not going to get yourself into trouble with it. But it's a shame that they have to send it out.

My wife recently had shoulder surgery. She was prescribed narc pain killers (she never ended up using those however). Part of the deal was mandatory Narcan to take home. I guess the druggies must be everywhere now, you can't avoid them. The pharmacy must expect everyone to be planning to od, with their forcing you to take Narcan home. I guess this is a good thing for them to send out Narcan, it's pretty harmless and you're not going to get yourself into trouble with it. But it's a shame that they have to send it out.
May be a Colorado thing. My wife has had 2 Rotator cuff surgeries and 1 shoulder replacement and no Narcan was offered

I don't even know what Narcan is... behind the times, as usual. I know alcohol, weed & mushrooms, that's about it... and I hardly ever take a bong hit, despite talking about it on occasion. No mushrooms in the high desert, none that I'd be willing to try anyway... too much likelihood of ingesting 'Death Caps!' As far as Big Pharma cr@p goes, I'd sooner deaden pain with alcohol and weed, same way I did when I banged up my knee while riding my dirt bike on Rim Road 300 outside Show Low, AZ. Honestly, the few times I've been given Big Pharma painkillers in the distant past, they didn't work worth a damn. I still remember going through a bottle of Percosets (?) after my umbilical hernia operation in '98, and the doctor was astounded; I told the guy, "Next time give me something that works!" I would've been much better off with a little chronic (weed) and some tequila, rum or whiskey shots. That whole "opioid crisis" is beyond my ken, though I've smoked actual opium in the past and enjoyed doing so, go figure... but we did it right at the ol' hacienda in Coronado, with the monster skate ramp out back, lol. Wasn't long before I kicked back in the chaise-lounge and watched others skate, aye? That opium will get you ripped, then mellow you out for 6-8 hours, lol... if it's the real stuff and not some bunk, 10-4? :cool:

Last edited:
I think I have mentioned my idiot friend Tony. We all have one right? Anyway he is a paint and body guy. Back in the day he used to paint clear coat without a respirator just for the high. I used to tell him just ask man I will buy you a 40 for crying out loud. Now he has a tumor that is benign I guess. He named it Fred. Sometimes I talk to him on the phone and he doesn't really remember. Then I say well Fred needs to give you your messages. We keep it light but I can't help but think the paint was a factor.

Anyone worth carrying on their DNA either don't want to or can't get laid anyway.
*Admires idiocracy as a prophetic work.*

I don't even know what Narcan is... behind the times, as usual. I know alcohol, weed & mushrooms, that's about it... and I hardly ever take a bong hit, despite talking about it on occasion. No mushrooms in the high desert, none that I'd be willing to try anyway... too much likelihood of ingesting 'Death Caps!' As far as Big Pharma cr@p goes, I'd sooner deaden pain with alcohol and weed, same way I did when I banged up my knee while riding my dirt bike on Rim Road 300 outside Show Low, AZ. Honestly, the few times I've been given Big Pharma painkillers in the distant past, they didn't work worth a damn. I still remember going through a bottle of Percosets (?) after my umbilical hernia operation in '98, and the doctor was astounded; I told the guy, "Next time give me something that works!" I would've been much better off with a little chronic (weed) and some tequila, rum or whiskey shots. That whole "opioid crisis" is beyond my ken, though I've smoked actual opium in the past and enjoyed doing so, go figure... but we did it right at the ol' hacienda in Coronado, with the monster skate ramp out back, lol. Wasn't long before I kicked back in the chaise-lounge and watched others skate, aye? That opium will get you ripped, then mellow you out for 6-8 hours, lol... if it's the real stuff and not some bunk, 10-4? :cool:
Narcan:

What is naloxone?​

Naloxone is a medicine that rapidly reverses an opioid overdose. It is an opioid antagonist. This means that it attaches to opioid receptors and reverses and blocks the effects of other opioids. Naloxone can quickly restore normal breathing to a person if their breathing has slowed or stopped because of an opioid overdose. But, naloxone has no effect on someone who does not have opioids in their system, and it is not a treatment for opioid use disorder. Examples of opioids include heroin, fentanyl, oxycodone (OxyContin®), hydrocodone (Vicodin®), codeine, and morphine.

Back when I was a paramedic, standard protocol for "unconscious, unknown reason" was an injection of Narcan plus an injection of D50W. Both can save your life if you need them, but they are benign if you don't. The Narcan was for opoid overdose, the D50W (basically "super sugar water") was for hypoglycemic shock (very low blood sugar - diabetics).

Back at that time, Narcan was administered as an injection. Now I believe it is typically given as a nasal spray in the field, which means "anyone can administer it, even that other drug addict laying there next to the patient".

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chroming-social-media-trend-killed-13-year-old-girl

It not only kills brain cells, it can kill the whole organism.

Meanwhile, people with conditions they didn’t ask for, like cancer, diabetes, asthma, struggle to buy the meds and treatments they need.

Both can save your life if you need them, but they are benign if you don't. The Narcan was for opoid overdose, the D50W (basically "super sugar water") was for hypoglycemic shock (very low blood sugar - diabetics).

Back at that time, Narcan was administered as an injection. Now I believe it is typically given as a nasal spray in the field, which means "anyone can administer it, even that other drug addict laying there next to the patient".
I'm glad you explained that.
Being dyslexic, I read: WD-50 :oops:
attachment-Screen-Shot-2021-11-19-at-9.35.50-AM-e1637339411881.jpg

D50W = "Dextrose, 50%, in Water"
Thanks.
We were taught when I was young that if a diabetic went down (unresponsive), to put a lolipop in their mouth.
If their blood-sugar was too high, it wouldn't make a dime's worth of difference, but if it was too low, it could quickly bring them back up. :thumbs:
I always carried one, every day, for decades:).
*not medical advice, but may be better than standing by and watching them go into a coma.

Last edited:
Excellent! My uncle makes custom charcoal, 100% chemical free. We're out of apple, but all oaks, walnut, and pecan are in stock and we have "forge starters" made of rich pine for 2$ a bag!

What flavor works best on poisoning?

Back in my day, huffing paint was a "Loser's high" Like drinking Lysol moonshine. NOW its being glorified as an internet challenge?! o_0 Geez
Nice and yeah, paint huffers were in the loser gang back when I was but a sprout also. I had my share of brain damage from Contact cement. Doing Formica work on countertops. No matter how much ventilation you could get in a kitchen, you cover enough area with contact cement you are gona catch a buzz. Manufacturers eventually came out with a ‘non-flamable’ contact cement. I am guessing they took the toluene out. Product was not the same, it sucked.

Latest thing I was passed along was baby powder eating. Yes, like J&J baby powder or any number of store brands. Fill up a bowl, dig up a big spoonful and go to town.

Sounds worse than the nutmeg challenge! at least nutmeg is food!
Also, a hallucinogenic if you eat enough of it. Look on the bright side,
maybe all the really stupid ones will kill themselves before they can vote.

Latest posts

Back