hunkered down and fortifying for when S.H.T.F.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to here Poltiregist! As you will see, this is a fine place to hang yer hat. Glad to see you have escaped the other forum! I think you will enjoy our home. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

Looking forward to your posts!
Grizzleyette this forum is fortunate to have you here . I consider you the most talented poster I have encountered within the realm of survivalist . It appears I have hit the jackpot of survivalist .

Welcome from "The Great State of Alaska".
I know you from a poopy "Survival" forum. Glad your here.
I took your advice on flying serious and passed it on to my grandson . My grandson is now getting ready to start classes on instrument navigation , already has his basic piolet license . Also already has a job waiting for him , flying a rancher on cattle buying excursions .

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. We aren't too far apart. Glad to see you made it here, and good to have you with us.
I remember seeing a picture of your house but don't remember if it was logs or log siding . The reason of bringing it up , we were supposed to be pouring a slab for a cellar on a log house this week , but had to postpone so the house owner's woman could give birth last Sunday . That grandson is still in the hospital . We couldn't find a contractor that wants to work , so we are looking at doing it ourselves . Anyway do you have any advice on house construction ?

I remember seeing a picture of your house but don't remember if it was logs or log siding . The reason of bringing it up , we were supposed to be pouring a slab for a cellar on a log house this week , but had to postpone so the house owner's woman could give birth last Sunday . That grandson is still in the hospital . We couldn't find a contractor that wants to work , so we are looking at doing it ourselves . Anyway do you have any advice on house construction ?

I don't think you saw a picture of my house. I am in a suburban neighborhood, and I am absolutely the last person you would want to ask about home construction. To me a screwdriver is complicated machinery, and I am not allowed to use one without adult supervision. My advice would be find a good contractor/builder. All the same, good to have you here, and I look forward to your posts.

Inquiring minds do want to know. Are you part of Viking Preparedness's group? Or do you know them?
I decided to look up the Viking preparedness group and it did jar my memory . I think I have accidently meet the guy and his wife that does the videos . Actually I thought the gent had died after he sleeped in a sleeping bag on a frigid and icy night . I am glad to see he is still alive . I don't think our property's join but do believe we are in very close proximity of each other .

So.. have to ask.. Is "Poltiregist" some kind of heady-portmanteau of 'Political, Titanium, and Registration'? 🤓 Or was that like 'Siri's attempt at spelling Poltergeist'? 😁 Or am I just not even On the Farm at All? 🤔

..Not 'mocking', just curious, as its intriguing.. Pray, tell!

PS - Not tryin to put ya on the spot or anything... Sussing people's thinking for their 'moniker' is just kind of a 'popular game' around here, ie: https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/user-names.13372/ :)

jd

Last edited:
So.. have to ask.. Is "Poltiregist" some kind of heady-portmanteau of 'Political, Titanium, and Registration'? 🤓 Or was that like 'Siri's attempt at spelling Poltergeist'? 😁 Or am I just not even On the Farm at All? 🤔

..Not 'mocking', just curious, as its intriguing.. Pray, tell!

PS - Not tryin to put ya on the spot or anything... Sussing people's thinking for their 'moniker' is just kind of a 'popular game' around here, ie: https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/user-names.13372/ :)

jd
That was just my laziness and grabbing the word without checking to see if I was spelling poltergeist correctly .

That was just ..grabbing the word without checking to see if I was spelling poltergeist correctly.

Hah, Lol, I thought 'well it's either Really simple, or some spectacular portmanteau I've just never seen before'.. :) Glad to see we're All in Good Company, here..

👍

jd

Well. It does appear that a fair number of us on this thread are almost neighbors. We will definitely feel the earth move (to some degree or another) when the New Madrid blows. (I strongly suspect that I’m probably in the least inhabited area in our collective neighborhood though.)

Now if we could only persuade Sourdough that our general area is not a bad place to “retire.” But I sure would hate to see his expression when he realizes how many ticks, CHIGGERS, and snakes we have! 😳

Grizzleyette this forum is fortunate to have you here . I consider you the most talented poster I have encountered within the realm of survivalist . It appears I have hit the jackpot of survivalist .

Wow, coming from you, this is a very high honor. Thank you.

And you are so right about hitting the jackpot. Almost all of my favorite people are on this site! Only missing a few now...JDY, etc.,etc...

A lot of my ancestors had to deal with things that lived under the bridges, Norway had it's trolls.

It's a Michigan thang, I live south of the Mackinaw Bridge, so we say we live under the bridge, lol.

Well. It does appear that a fair number of us on this thread are almost neighbors. We will definitely feel the earth move (to some degree or another) when the New Madrid blows. (I strongly suspect that I’m probably in the least inhabited area in our collective neighborhood though.)

Now if we could only persuade Sourdough that our general area is not a bad place to “retire.” But I sure would hate to see his expression when he realizes how many ticks, CHIGGERS, and snakes we have! 😳
It does appear we are experiencing a mysterious Bermuda Triangle type phenomenon . A area where preppers are pulled into and disappear . I hope our tax dollars are not spent studying this .

It does appear we are experiencing a mysterious Bermuda Triangle type phenomenon . A area where preppers are pulled into and disappear . I hope our tax dollars are not spent studying this .

I thought it was because we are all on the same page: deliberately, because we are smart; accidentally, because we are lucky.
:archery:

I found my BOL by looking at a computer-generated map of the country at night and looked for the darkest "hole" I could find in places east of the Rockies that had the least restrictive laws.

Bingo! Freeeeedom from the unwashed masses of people and government (to the greatest possible extent).

Back