hunkered down and fortifying for when S.H.T.F.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am one of thirteen souls residing in multiple housing on our survival retreat in the Ozark Mountains . Our survival / homesteading activities include raising survival animals , gardening , hunting and fishing .
Excellent!

That sounds idyllic.

Curious minds want to know...

To what extent is the community still dependent on the outside world?

What types of energy are you using?

If any of course.

Welcome to the virtual synonym to your reality.

Ben

Welcome from "The Great State of Alaska".
I know you from a poopy "Survival" forum. Glad your here.

I am one of thirteen souls residing in multiple housing on our survival retreat in the Ozark Mountains . Our survival / homesteading activities include raising survival animals , gardening , hunting and fishing .
Welcome to a new member from another new member. This place feels good.

Inquiring minds do want to know. Are you part of Viking Preparedness's group? Or do you know them?
I am not of the Viking preparedness group and am not aware of a group by that name , but our property does join another preparedness group with which one of our members purchased beef from just a few weeks ago . They could possibly be using the name .

Welcome from Alaska. I think I’ve seen you on another forum! Welcome here!

Excellent!

That sounds idyllic.

Curious minds want to know...

To what extent is the community still dependent on the outside world?

What types of energy are you using?

If any of course.

Welcome to the virtual synonym to your reality.

Ben
We are still hooked to the grid but I have solar hooked to my freezer . At another house on the premises there is some kind of meter that calculates each month if the grid - or the wind and solar system produced more electric than used , to see who owes . Also a spring behind the last dwelling mentioned . We put a ram pump in the spring , which worked but proved to need a lot of maintenance , for one thing cleaning washed in trash from the ram pump . Eventually we installed a electric pump to the spring source , using the solar panels as power . That worked much better . --- And yes we still purchase most of our food but are very capable to produce enough food without purchasing it . For instance we are in the final stages of putting up beef from two bulls given to us a few days ago from two different local ranchers . One bull had a broken leg and the other broke its neck going into a automated head catcher . I have no idea how many hundreds of pounds of beef that was . Before we could finish processing those two animals we were offered a third cow , bull or steer that got trampled to death but we turned that one down as we have all the meat we could handle . Actually we distributed a lot of the meat to people outside our group for free .

Last edited:
Welcome to here Poltiregist! As you will see, this is a fine place to hang yer hat. Glad to see you have escaped the other forum! I think you will enjoy our home. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

Looking forward to your posts!

Latest posts

Back