Hurting the bank account

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebj

Super Friend
Neighbor
Ever go into an outdoor store looking for a specific item and then you find 278 more items to get while you are there?
Went to Field and Stream today for some camo clothing, ended up getting the camo, a pair of overalls, a coffee cup, and now I’m waiting for them to call me back about a firearm. Something about the dang govt delaying me.

Ever go into an outdoor store looking for a specific item and then you find 278 more items to get while you are there?
Went to Field and Stream today for some camo clothing, ended up getting the camo, a pair of overalls, a coffee cup, and now I’m waiting for them to call me back about a firearm. Something about the dang govt delaying me.
Sounds like when Hubby goes into the fly-fishing shop for a specific item and spends $1000.

I've been putting off a needed trip to the sporting goods store because I know what's going to happen... ;)
Yep. I justified myself by the fact that I don’t really go there too often…..

I can do this at certain types of stores. Some people shop by going to a store and walking around the store and looking at whatever random stuff they come across. Then there are people like me who usually make a list and then go from one item to the next until I have what is on my list. There are some stores where I do the wandering around, looking at what is there, but not many.

When we used to go to Vegas I would go to bass pro first. Then I didn't have money to waste on gambling.
I personally couldn’t imagine going to a place like Vegas. I feel like our unincorporated community of 2000 people is way too crowded.

I personally couldn’t imagine going to a place like Vegas. I feel like our unincorporated community of 2000 people is way too crowded.
The wife forbid my going to Vegas with her ever again. I hardly gamble and I won't tolerate the rock hard seats at the shows. She took me to a show and the artists apologised for the quality of the seating.

I can't think of a better time in my life when its better to have an empty bank account.

I don't walk into a store, unless I know what I want, and that I'm going to buy it.

Which these days still means often not buying anything as they often don't have what I want.

Which is why although I don't want ANYTHING in the bank....I have more money in it now by far than at any other time in my life.

Latest posts

Back