Hush Puppies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannyG

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This recipe sounds so good

41712274_2194671154154615_236028540477243392_n.jpg

Sounds good and although I never use flour in my hush puppies or cornbread and all love them both, I will try this one next time with a little flour otherwise the one you have is my recipe exactly except flour.
:Thankyou: Granny. :thumbs:

No flour? Just cornmeal?

Yes no flour I've never put flour in my cornbread or hush puppies. And everyone loved my corn bread and hush pups. But have noticed now that corn meal has changed and its hard to find good stone ground that I may try a little flour next time I make then with this new cornmeal we use for past few years.

Yes no flour I've never put flour in my cornbread or hush puppies. And everyone loved my corn bread and hush pups. But have noticed now that corn meal has changed and its hard to find good stone ground that I may try a little flour next time I make then with this new cornmeal we use for past few years.
I'm a northerner and didn't grow up eating much cornbread. I actually had to google to verify what a hush puppy is. I don't do much deep frying either and don't think I have ever made them. I might have eaten them and didn't realize that it was a hush puppy.

THANKS A LOT, GRANNY!!!!
I sent this to my DW, she emailed me back to say " when are you going to make some?":ghostly::D

I am a recipe reader, here and there. It seems as though almost every recipe I have seen today has called for self rising flour. I don't think I have ever used it, but I think it includes baking powder?

I am a recipe reader, here and there. It seems as though almost every recipe I have seen today has called for self rising flour. I don't think I have ever used it, but I think it includes baking powder?

Yes it does. Thats what helps it rise. I never did get the knack of making biscuits with plain flour, but those who did could really made some good ones. Then again I was always told my biscuits were good too.

I've started making corn bread muffins a few days ago. And hush puppies the other day.i did better with both.then what i figured i would.gonna try adding jalapeño next time..

Latest posts

Back