Hydroponics

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more interested in the Kratky method. No electricity needed and not all those pipes and fittings and pumps and.....yea no thanks lol

While I can get these off photobucket who had taken all the ones I put up a couple years ago down

Setting up reservourrs for hydroponis growing,

1601583503391.png

fertilizer reservour.

1601583637809.png

Buckets filled with pebbles,we like hese they are eas toclean and set up,no chemicals.
1601583716230.png

1601585556378.png

Last edited:
We used foam insulaation cut holes in it put iseedlings in pebble filled net pots
1601583784692.png

Buckets for tomato's.

1601584038379.png

Putting food grade liner in reservours hubby aka Mr.Meer built,with old scrap lumber ,we took down an old arbour for the lumber,

1601585168226.png

Last edited:
In our greenhouse we grew all kinds of crops from both container and hydroponics,

1601584853172.png

1601584893121.png

Look at those beautiful roots,we really like seeing all this come together,makes me want to do it again,
1601584983756.png

That is a lot of money, most people will just go to the store.
Some have gardens & a few have greenhouses, but most think the store will always be there.

That is a lot of money, most people will just go to the store.
Some have gardens & a few have greenhouses, but most think the store will always be there.

Most expensive was to cover the Greenhouse in greenhouse poly plastic which has lasted now for about 5 years.
The first greenhouse we had was a hoop house and it worked great,then we got the frame for this one that was damaged on sale for $100. All lumber you see is used scrap lumber we already had.
Reservour pump was under $100. Food Grade vynal was a couple hundred dollars for 10x25 but w have enough of it left to do it again.
Net pots, Loews buckets all cheap.

Resevour pump

I'm going to park these links here fror my further reference ,We have aalways had great results from Master Blend at Morgan Seeds,not sure if its still available now though so just in case ,looking at more stores.

Edited to add.............Justtlaked to Morgan County Seed and we are staying with them ' if it works,don't fix it' is my motto.

1. Mix 12 grams of Masterblend Tomato Formula (4-18-38) into 5 gallons of warm water until completely dissolved.
  2. Add 6 grams of Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt) and stir until completely dissolved
  3. Add 12 grams of Calcium Nitrate (15.5-0-0) and stir until completely dissolved.
NOTE: Masterblend and Magnesium Sulfate must be completely dissolved prior to adding Calcium Nitrate to prevent nutrient lockout.
Dilute to 1/2 strength for seedlings.
You may also like…

Morgan County Seeds - Your seed and gardening tools supplier

1603390348822.png

Last edited:
  1. Mix 12 grams of Masterblend Tomato Formula (4-18-38) into 5 gallons of warm water until completely dissolved.
  2. Add 6 grams of Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt) and stir until completely dissolved
  3. Add 12 grams of Calcium Nitrate (15.5-0-0) and stir until completely dissolved
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back