Hydroxy Gas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, the power one can obtain from "cracked" water is LESS than the power needed to crack it.

So says the laws of thermodynamics.
Ben

Yes, but everyone seems to forget about the other fuel used in this process. The gasoline or diesel being burned in an engine (inefficiently). Adding small amounts of hydrogen and oxygen to the combustion process... more than 20% of the heat energy in the gas or diesel previously wasted, is now burned.

In a situation were gasoline/diesel is scarce, Hydroxy gas is simple method to greatly increase fuel efficiency.

I consistently got a 22% increase in fuel mileage in a '94 silverado with a 5L engine. And yes, the laws of thermodynamics are still there... I'm not running an engine on hydrogen or oxygen from water... I'm simply adding hydroxy gas to gasoline or diesel fuel.

Yes, but everyone seems to forget about the other fuel used in this process. The gasoline or diesel being burned in an engine (inefficiently). Adding small amounts of hydrogen and oxygen to the combustion process... more than 20% of the heat energy in the gas or diesel previously wasted, is now burned.

In a situation were gasoline/diesel is scarce, Hydroxy gas is simple method to greatly increase fuel efficiency.

I consistently got a 22% increase in fuel mileage in a '94 silverado with a 5L engine. And yes, the laws of thermodynamics are still there... I'm not running an engine on hydrogen or oxygen from water... I'm simply adding hydroxy gas to gasoline or diesel fuel.
Yes, nitrous-oxide is another prime example.
It is not a fuel, you cannot run an engine on it alone.
...But spray it and some extra fuel into an engine and watch the horsepower double :oops:.

Last edited:
Yes, nitrous-oxide is another prime example.
It is not a fuel, you cannot run an engine on it alone.
...But spray it and some extra fuel into an engine and watch the horsepower double :oops:.
I just watched a video on dyno engine blowups, some were because of nitrous-oxide.

There was a man at a Ventura County (California) annual fair in the 1980s who had a 3 horsepower Briggs & Stratton engine powered by water. He had a device next to the engine that separated the hydrogen and oxygen. I'm sure the corporate mafia had something to do with it never going on the market then but now Toyota is able to pull it through.

Balderdash!

Hydrogen engines yes.

Water no!

Thermodynamics says entropy increase or stays constant. It us never reduced. Simple example is a sand castle. They at best stick together but most often decay.

When the hydrogen and oxygen burn they produce heat which is lost energy.

When the mechanical energy is used to generate the electricity to crack the water, heat is lost.

Water powered engines are just another perpetual motion boondoggle.

Hydrogen engines are viable because they start with hydrogen. Some process give off hydrogen as a by product. That excess hydrogen can be used in a hydrogen engine or hydrogen fuel cells.

Ben

Balderdash!

Hydrogen engines yes.

Water no!

Thermodynamics says entropy increase or stays constant. It us never reduced. Simple example is a sand castle. They at best stick together but most often decay.

When the hydrogen and oxygen burn they produce heat which is lost energy.

When the mechanical energy is used to generate the electricity to crack the water, heat is lost.

Water powered engines are just another perpetual motion boondoggle.

Hydrogen engines are viable because they start with hydrogen. Some process give off hydrogen as a by product. That excess hydrogen can be used in a hydrogen engine or hydrogen fuel cells.

Ben
For that reason the ammonia engine shows more promise. With potentially 70% reduction in gasoline consumption it is an interesting option. the hydroxy option seems like it is doable now if you have an older car.

Hey Magnus.. Use that extra equipment to improve the efficiency of distilling moonshine.

Funny you should post this... some ww2 aircraft had a water injection system into the carb. It boosted power under certain conditions.

Maybe your uncle knew about this..

Here's a clip of a ww2 notice about a P47D Thunderbolt aircraft engine. And the pdf...

View attachment 81173

Thats some really cool info. Never knew that existed. I work in Aerospace so it was really fun reading about the process of changing it over. Cool seeing "T- ####" tools. All our special tools are still labeled like that to this day.

Latest posts

Back