Hypertension?Me!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lily816

Super Friend
Neighbor
I just received my medical report. I got hypertension. So frustrated! I'm only 26 and so skinny. No family inheritance at all. So how can I get that? I did cardiovascular examination and adrenal examination. They are all in good condition. Doctor just let me keep exercising and enough sleeping.
Plan to got to gym after back from my trip. Do I need to buy a smartwatch to monitor my condition? Any recommendation? Actually I don't like the design of most of smartwatch.

Lily,
I have a 12 minute wav file that I would be happy to share that is called "med/lax".
It is a guided relaxation that teaches you to meditate. It is not overtly religious and I have used it for a number of years for my students with good results.
The voice you hear will be mine and it leads you through the tensing and relaxing of different muscle groups to relax the mind and put you into an alpha state.
You are taken into an alpha state and then brought back feeling alert and relaxed. It is meant to be used daily until you no longer need the guide in your relaxation and meditation.
I don't seem to be able to load it here so you may send me your email in a PM and I will email it to you.
(feel free to get any feedback on me that you like or if you have a PO Box or mail drop that is not your address I will burn it to a CD and send it to you.)
THE SAME GOES FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT

Lily,
I have a 12 minute wav file that I would be happy to share that is called "med/lax".
It is a guided relaxation that teaches you to meditate. It is not overtly religious and I have used it for a number of years for my students with good results.
The voice you hear will be mine and it leads you through the tensing and relaxing of different muscle groups to relax the mind and put you into an alpha state.
You are taken into an alpha state and then brought back feeling alert and relaxed. It is meant to be used daily until you no longer need the guide in your relaxation and meditation.
I don't seem to be able to load it here so you may send me your email in a PM and I will email it to you.
(feel free to get any feedback on me that you like or if you have a PO Box or mail drop that is not your address I will burn it to a CD and send it to you.)
THE SAME GOES FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT
Thank you, please e-mail me,

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be a problem with emailing the file. I get a message that the file is too big. It is 64 Mb. So I will have to find a place to host the file and then provide a link to it.
I apologize for the delay, please be patient with me,
Sheepdog

@lily816 only that you have to reduce the stress in your life if you can. As suggested meditation, yoga and taking time for you such as having a nice relaxing bubble bath are all good.

Also watching your diet is good too and try and cut out a lot of fatty/convenience foods and replace with fruit, nuts and more vegetables. Going for relaxing walks are good too in places that you like.

I have the opposite problem my blood pressure is low (too relaxed :D) . Maybe if you give me some of the high blood pressure and I pass over some of my low we will both have normal BP's.

I am not sure if this will work but try this link HERE
I don't know if you can download it or not or even if you will be allowed to listen, so let me know.

I haven't found a fitness watch that is accurate. I tried 3 and none of them were even close. I gave them to my 3 year old niece. My HR would start off around 60 then steady increase to around 140, while I was sitting in my recliner. My actual HR is around 48 to 50 when resting. Low HR rate is called bradycardia. My doctor had me stress tested and I'm OK.
I try to keep my stress level down by not worrying about things I have no control over. If I can't affect something I just don't worry about it.
Global warming, politics, the latest crisis on the news nothing I can do so I just move along. OK politics can get my BP up but I try.

@lily816 only that you have to reduce the stress in your life if you can. As suggested meditation, yoga and taking time for you such as having a nice relaxing bubble bath are all good.

Also watching your diet is good too and try and cut out a lot of fatty/convenience foods and replace with fruit, nuts and more vegetables. Going for relaxing walks are good too in places that you like.

I have the opposite problem my blood pressure is low (too relaxed :D) . Maybe if you give me some of the high blood pressure and I pass over some of my low we will both have normal BP's.

I don't eat fatty foods but I do have too much convenience foods. I have to change it now.
I wish you could really pass over some of your low and they we are balanced....hhhhh;)

I haven't found a fitness watch that is accurate. I tried 3 and none of them were even close. I gave them to my 3 year old niece. My HR would start off around 60 then steady increase to around 140, while I was sitting in my recliner. My actual HR is around 48 to 50 when resting. Low HR rate is called bradycardia. My doctor had me stress tested and I'm OK.
I try to keep my stress level down by not worrying about things I have no control over. If I can't affect something I just don't worry about it.
Global warming, politics, the latest crisis on the news nothing I can do so I just move along. OK politics can get my BP up but I try.

work and financial things make me stressful. and my two little cats always get ill or something, I take much time and money to take care of them. Anyway, I'm trying to release my stress. I also think that fitness watch is not that accurate.

I hope it will help.

Back