I’m Not Going To Stress Over The Stuff I Can’t Change

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I’m Not Going To Stress Over The Stuff I Can’t Change
by Ken Jorgustin | Updated May 1, 2020 | LIFESTYLE | 19 comments

dont-stress-what-you-cant-change.jpg

Here’s how to handle our new normal: Don’t stress out over the things you can’t change. Instead, we all need to use that energy to adapt.
For some, that’s easier said than done. However that’s what we need to do.
Figure it out. Find a new way to deal. Stay ahead of the curve. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
It’s easy (and lazy) to wallow in the misery which may be cast upon you. But that’s not going to change one single thing. It happened. Our lives have changed.
We can discuss, surmise, and question how or why it happened. That’s fine. And it may help us better understand the future. But just know that you’re not going to change what has already happened.
Yesterday I asked the question, “What might the next, Greater Depression look like?”
The reason I asked was to gain insight into the possibilities of a different future reality (which is already taking shape to an extent). While we cannot change what is coming at us in this regard, we do have the ability to foresee what might be coming. Rather than stress about it, we can preemptively adapt to it. Or make plans, adjustments, preparations.

Occasionally someone drops by here and throws out accusations implying that we’re all doomers, or afraid, fearful. The irony is that couldn’t be further from the truth. Instead we are foreseers of events yet to come. Or events that have already occurred except the mainstream just doesn’t know it yet. We don’t stress over it. We discuss it. Prepare for it. Adapt.
In this way we adjust our lifestyle to a new normal. Therefore we are (hopefully) less affected in a negative fashion. That’s the whole idea of preparedness.

Don’t let the rapidly unfolding way of life-altering events of these recent months get you down.
I can sit here and focus on all the brown stuff that has just hit the fan, put my head in my hands staring down at the table in worry or fear – and say “How could this have all happened?” or, “We are so screwed!”
Well, maybe there is a brief time for that. However at some point we need to ACT. To take action for ourselves. Figure out how we’re going to deal with what has already happened and what may further happen as a result.
Why am I posting this? For some motivation. An attempt to uplift the situation. To renew energies into the things that we CAN change rather than those which we cannot.

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/lifestyle/im-not-going-to-stress-over-the-stuff-i-cant-change/

I agree Jim. I've found it better to make a plan, put your head down, and get with it. The plan may fail in some ways, or totally. But if you are thinking critically and with a level head, most of what your working on is going to put you in a better position than before you started. Just adjust when you find things that need to adjust. They are usually evident.

I don't worry about things. Never have. The only thing I DO worry over is when my kids or husband has been sick. Otherwise I just go with the flow and try to find a "work around" to whatever has happened.
Find a solution that works for you and move forward. Simple as that.

There have been times in my life when stress was an issue. Usually they were work or job related. Not any more.

Things will still bother me, but there will be one explosion, a rant or a release, and they are gone. I don't continue to worry about things. If you can fix it then do so, and move on. If you can't then let it go, and move on. Harboring it and letting it fester does not do you or anyone else any good.

Well poop!........ I gave up wallowing in pity ( not a quitter ). Now I have to give up Stress?
I have never felt so helpless as these past few weeks. Would go to bed praying the cable and internet would keep us safe. Apparently you can disrupt food supplies, but as long as you entertain people everything is cool.
Not ready to quit our jobs and hide out. But becoming debt free and preparing for a simpler future is why I'm here.
Sadly I see good people all around us ignoring things that are happening.

It is! We were talking about Gallup New Mexico being shut down yesterday. After a 4 hr warning, where a ton of people left town and came here. The twins asked about the shelter in place order there. I told them that means they stay inside for 3 days and don't go anywhere. They asked what the people are going to do for food. Ha. Ha. It's only three days. Although our governor can renew it. She's using the riot act for the first three days.

Latest posts

Back