I am "Heartbroken" for AMERICA..........Violence In California Reaches "Epidemic" Levels As Our Society Rapidly Deteriorates

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I can’t understand why anyone would still want to live in California. Yes, there are lots of high paying jobs and the weather is very nice, but crime is completely and utterly out of control. As you will see below, a new report that has just been issued is warning that violence in the state has now reached “epidemic” levels. The police are doing what they can to try to contain the violence, but at this point they are vastly outnumbered by the predators. Sadly, this is the end result of literally decades of cultural rot, and what is happening in California is going to happen to the rest of the nation if we do not take urgent action to turn things around.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...s-our-society-rapidly-deteriorates-all-around

Yep.. You may recall my Own 'diatribe' to that effect.. https://www.survivalistboards.com/threads/america-the-titanic.979328/#post-21194855 :(

..but - What Can we Really 'Do'? "Voting" is clearly shot - and Who do you Vote For?? It's like hiring an Ant to turn a Supertanker, it's Just not gonna make the 'difference' (to stem these 'Current Tides') that's needed, unfortunately.. Differ if you wish, but I submit the 'Trump Presidency' as Exhibit A to the Court.. ONE Term that was - at least Partially - 'on the right track'.. And where is That track, now?? Completely off the Rails with the Crazy Train Administration with Corn Pops and Cackles.. :rolleyes:

Sadly, I think all 'We, the People' can Do.. is simply Prepare Us and Ours to weather the inevitable Icerberg-strike, just ahead on the horizon.. At least We got off the 'Caltanic' in time, schwew! o_O

jd

Last edited:
I was just thinking that other than my three and half years in Rochester, NY fifty-five years ago, I've spent my life in deep rural or deep wilderness.

I have never seen the things described about American cities currently. Even Rochester, NY (while a big city) was nothing like I hear cities are now.

..Even Rochester, NY (while a big city) was nothing like I hear cities are now.
Indeed, but Operative word, there, is "Was" - Rottenchester is a Perfect 'poster child' for the 'Inevitable Entropy of Liberal / "Progressive" Politics' at the helm - Rottenchester is about as Rotten as they come, these days.. Murders / Drugs / Prostitution / Rapes / Assaults - you name it, it's In the news, there, 'bout on par with, say, a Philly, or the likes..

..Truly, a 'mortal coil', in vivo.. :rolleyes:

jd

Most would never think it, but Anchorage, Alaska has a huge homeless population. And nearly everyone will get $3,282.00 next Tuesday.

Indeed, but Operative word, there, is "Was" - Rottenchester is a Perfect 'poster child' for the 'Inevitable Entropy of Liberal / "Progressive" Politics' at the helm - Rottenchester is about as Rotten as they come, these days.. Murders / Drugs / Prostitution / Rapes / Assaults - you name it, it's In the news, there, 'bout on par with, say, a Philly, or the likes..

..Truly, a 'mortal coil', in vivo.. :rolleyes:

jd
As someone who lives just outside Rochester, I can confirm this.

55 years ago, Rochester was fine - very little crime, safe to go downtown day or night, and it had a vibrant and expanding economy being home to Kodak, Xerox, Bausch & Lomb and other big corporations. It's a mess now.

The 'burbs around Rochester is where conservatives live. The gimme pigs and ultra-liberals live within the city border. But even the expensive, trendy neighborhoods where libs live are seeing high crime. It'll be interesting to see their reaction to this development.

You know, after the revolution, we're going to need unskilled labor on the farms, and we got all this dope out of Mex-land we're just going to destroy anyway... and since those immigrants are going home at gunpoint or otherwise... if they'll do ANYTHING for a fix, let's see if they'll work.

I think preppers should take a short break from sniveling about homeless people, and at least learn how they survive. Basically, they have tents and sleeping bags. Some have portable heaters (which are dangerous in a tent). There are shelters in Anchorage........but not enough. A fair amount of them dies, summer or winter. They kill each other, get too drunk, pass out and freeze to death.

I strongly suspect the homeless issue is going to explode this winter in Europe and then everywhere.

Last edited:
The violence is spread across cities in the US already.....now.....

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-us
Based on this information, the ten most dangerous cities in the United States are:

1. Detroit, MI
  2. Memphis, TN
  3. Birmingham, AL
  4. Baltimore, MD
  5. St. Louis, MO
  6. Kansas City, MO
  7. Cleveland, OH
  8. Little Rock, AR
  9. Milwaukee, WI
  10. Stockton, CA

The most dangerous city in the United States is Detroit, Michigan. Detroit has a violent crime rate of 2,007.8 incidents per 100,000 people with a total of 261 homicides in 2018. Detroit is the only midsize or large city in the United States with a violent crime rate of over 2,000. With a population of less than 700,000 people today, Detroit reported about 13,500 violent crimes in 2018 – a rate higher than cities with double the population.

Interestingly, Rochester NY comes in a number 98 out of the 100 most dangerous/violent cities in the US.

just look at the conviction rate for violent crime. Cities that don't prosecute have lower rates than cities that do.
If you don't punish criminals you have more crime.

I think preppers should take a short break from sniveling about homeless people, and at least learn how they survive. Basically, they have tents and sleeping bags. Some have portable heaters (which are dangerous in a tent). There are shelters in Anchorage........but not enough. A fair amount of them dies, summer or winter. They kill each other, get too drunk, pass out and freeze to death.

I strongly suspect the homeless issue is going to explode this winter in Europe and then everywhere.
Ireland and the UK have a large portion of 'working homeless'- can't speak for mainland Europe. Its scary for them especially; most of them were raised in 'decent' middle-class homes and didn't run the streets as children/teens. They find themselves in a situation normally because of loss of job or self-employment, then marriage, house etc. I agree with Sourdough's comment, and also point out it's important to not be dismissive and paint them all with the same brush. Everyone has a story that may not be as we presume. One of my rants- I know, wrong thread- is that businesses are now installing blockers so they can't shelter in doorways when they don't have tents. I feel its the height of disdain.

The violence is spread across cities in the US already.....now.....

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-us

Interestingly, Rochester NY comes in a number 98 out of the 100 most dangerous/violent cities in the US.
That's as of 2019. I suspect things are a bit worse in 2022.

Much of the crime here is non-violent. People ransack cars and garages, stealing whatever they can. Loading up shopping carts and walking out without paying is trendy, too.

We get a lot of the last one here too. they don't seem to get away with it much at Mom n pop stores though. even an idiot from WAY down south knows what the click klack of a shotgun is!

That's as of 2019. I suspect things are a bit worse in 2022.
...People ransack cars and garages, stealing whatever they can. Loading up shopping carts and walking out without paying is trendy, too.

Indeed, and re: 'Rochester is 98 in the 'Top 100' - Not sure which 'direction' HC was trying to highlight (ergo: '98 out of 100' Could be seen as "safeish" by many.. OTOH, the fact that it 'Made the Top 100' is Telling (and maybe that's what HC was 'going for'? :) Either way...

..A Lot of those 'data polls' can be skewed by the 'per capita factor', ergo: if there's, say, 100 stabbings per 1M people in a given Metropolitan area, that Can seem like a "low crime rate".. but 100 stabbings in a city of 100,000, well.. That city's gonna 'rank Worse' in those polls.. But, what if in the '+1M-city', we're talking it's a city of 11 million people? Now, that's 1,100 stabbings even at that "lower ratio"!! So.. Just a thought to consider...

Overall, what seems to be a 'better metric' are any 'Local Crime-Report Meters', ie: Twitter / other social-media feeds / video about a given area, and those 'Neighborhood-focused sitelets', ie: 'Patch', etc, and - sometimes - the Local "News" (caviat being, sometimes they might be (for 'political reasons', or other-such biases) simply 'reporting them More Often', than in past, but... IF there's "More incidents TO report" - regardless of 'why' they are choosing to air them, well.. That's, at least in part, 'A metric'..

...and, I mean, Local, on-the-street Video footage from 'vloggers' and such, are Hard to argue with.. ie: those several 'Tragic street-drive vids' in DT Philly, where all the 'Citizen Journalist' Does is simply drive down the 'formerly decent street' - and film.. and the images / vids 'Tell the Story', better than Any "News source" could.. o_O

My Point being (relative to Rottenchester..) is that IF you 'do that' in DT Roch / some of the Formerly 'up-and-coming / prosperous-ish Areas' (ie: 'Browns Race', etc)? Yah, the Dem / Lib-policy Entropy acceleration is undeniable.. (and you should Probably never even attempt such a thing, if yer not 'packing', in some 'hoods, even for just a 'drive by'.. Carjackings were a 'hot trend' there for quite awhile..)

Seems the 'takeway' is - from Lost Angeles to Rottenchester, Miami to all the way up in Los Anchorage - the 'Liberal Governance' / "Progressive" policies are simply - and Undeniably - (ie: San Fran, Portland, and Seattle, for starters..) layed-bare as examples of Abject Failure and the 'Wrong Direction' for just about Everything.. I mean, bloody Hell! - https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/this-is-pure-evil.16879/#post-498612 🤬!!!

Anyhoo, that's enough yacking.. :)
jd

Last edited:
Let me say, each of those cities has three things in common, we all know what they are, but we can't say it out loud.
As we watch the 20-30 idiots doing "smash and grabs" at jewelry stores, high end shops on Rodeo Drive, the carjackings, the car to car shootings, the hot prowl burglaries, the street take overs, the follow home robberies, the watch and jewelry thieves on Melrose Place, there is one thing in common with these idiot crooks. We just chuckle when we see the suspects and simultaneously say, "well, what is the common denominator with these suspects?"

This just seems like America and the western societies have the equal of stage 3 or 4 cancer, where-in you simply accept the future. There is a total void of the slightest movement to reverse this.

Yep "Boiling Frog" in action.......

Almost everyone lives within a tank of gas of somewhere you wouldn't want to go.
Most live within a short drive of somewhere you wouldn't want to go.
Many live with somewhere you wouldn't want to go, just outside their front door.

Last edited:
I honestly DO FEEL BAD about these peoples decisions to live on the streets. The majority made very bad life choices that put them there. As in drugs or even prostitution. What I really do feel sorry and bad for are the children. . . At that point, they have to make a grown man decision on what life road they are going to follow. Most chose the wrong road. . .

The vast majority of homeless in the US are mentally ill, and/or heavy substance abusers.
It is the drug addiction that leads women to prostitute themselves, in order to buy drugs.
I have been a recovered alcoholic for decades, but one way I stay sober is by helping others. And the stories I hear from some of the women will be so totally foreign to normal Americans.
But, those will never recover from their disease of alcohol and/or drug abuse unless and until THEY really want it.
No amount of "treatment centers" will help those who don't really want it.

OK. I'll get down off my soap box now.
It's just something that is near to my heart. I was homeless for a brief spell in the 1980's because alcohol was the most important thing in my life.

In Los Angeles a few years ago, they imposed a special homeless tax on every property owner. Right now, there is currently enough money to give each homeless person $800,000 cash, which were the last estimates I heard. Problem is this is just another cash cow for the contractors to gouge the city coffers, and nobody would receive any kickbacks if they handed them cash. So for now, the money just sits, collecting interest, and the homeless remain homeless.

In Los Angeles a few years ago, they imposed a special homeless tax on every property owner. Right now, there is currently enough money to give each homeless person $800,000 cash, which were the last estimates I heard. Problem is this is just another cash cow for the contractors to gouge the city coffers, and nobody would receive any kickbacks if they handed them cash. So for now, the money just sits, collecting interest, and the homeless remain homeless.
The ugly thing about reality (and disconcerting thing) is, that reality constantly bites you in the arse, it is not personal, it is simply reality,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back