"I can't find the remote!!!!"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQJoe

Void where prohibitied
Neighbor
Shall never be said in this house again!
I found this while shopping at Harbor freight today. $6.99
IMG_4448.JPG

I have Dish and it does come with a remote beeper.
You can go to any TV and hit the find remote button in the menu and all remotes will beep.
I've used it several times.
I am just behind in technology, evidently. I also was thinking that it would be great if your car told you what the speed limit is and if you are speeding. Then I drove a car that does. It also tells you if you are crossing or driving on the lines instead of in between them. I think there are many people who need cars that do that!

In 1971 my landlord would shake his keys and the TV would change channels.
It was one of the first TV remote controls ever.
He had a real clicker and you could hear it when he pushed the button.
My dad had a remote control TV back in the late 50s.
He would just say "change the channel" and one of us boys would get up and change it.

I assign tasks like that to the dog. "Where is the Remote?" She will run around until it is located and bring it to me. Same with the keys, wallet...

Gota love Labs.

I assign tasks like that to the dog. "Where is the Remote?" She will run around until it is located and bring it to me. Same with the keys, wallet...

Gota love Labs.

Many decades ago my division on a navy ship had a weekend outing at a park. My LPO brought his lab who was trained to go get his wallet when he said “Want to go McDonalds”. I guess he fed the dog fries or something.

To demonstrate his dog’s talent to all of us he laid his wallet on a bench and said “Want to go McDonalds”. The lab grabbed the wallet and took off!

An hour later we found the lab at a McDonalds about a mile down the road. We never did find the wallet!

I laughed until my sides hurt! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am just behind in technology, evidently. I also was thinking that it would be great if your car told you what the speed limit is and if you are speeding. Then I drove a car that does. It also tells you if you are crossing or driving on the lines instead of in between them. I think there are many people who need cars that do that!
There might be some folks who need these tools, but seriously, if they're needed, these folks shouldn't be driving at all.

Fortunately using our Roku TV's every smart phone and tablet in the house is also a remote.

th.jpg

I haven't tried it yet because so far there is no issue about what we watch, but, I could see how remote wars could be a reality with multiple remotes at the same viewing location.
biggrin.gif

I really bought this more as a gag gift for my daughter, but as gag gifts go, at least this one has functionality.
But then to some extreme, so does a rubber chicken.
KNvr6Vh.gif

I have Dish and it does come with a remote beeper.
You can go to any TV and hit the find remote button in the menu and all remotes will beep.
I've used it several times.

I have Dish and never even noticed that feature. Thanks!

I drove my cousin to Seattle last week.
We took her Subaru and it has the lane beeper but even worse is the stupid system that slows you down if it thinks you are getting to close to the car in front of you.

I drove my cousin to Seattle last week.
We took her Subaru and it has the lane beeper but even worse is the stupid system that slows you down if it thinks you are getting to close to the car in front of you.
I was in a car that did that and tightened the seat belts to protect the riders when it got way too close.

Latest posts

Back